Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullsey Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

To me, I think the Perique comes through a little stronger in LBF than in LNF. LNF is VA with just a hint of Perique- with LBF I can really taste the Perique. When smoking LBF I usually rub out the whole coin and mix it all up. When I do that the cavendish is very muted, and it just tastes like a soft VA/Per. Honestly, whether you keep or toss the cavendish 'eye' it has already done most of its job by the time it gets to your pipe. The pressing and time spent marrying together has already left its mark on the flavor.

2. smokey422

smokey422 Member

The Perique in LBF is not overpowering at all, to me there's just enough there to compliment the VA in the discs.

Smokey

Mark w4mms and Puff The Magic like this.
  3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I agree, to a point, but respectfully disagree.:)

Pop the cav centers out of 2-3 coins. Just rub the outer or fold up the outer vaper rings and smoke it. It's noticably a different smoke compared to the full bull mashed or screwed;)

I also feel that what you're considering perique in the smoke is really the tart-sour-spicey-sweetness of the cav. All mixed up it's not really up front at any o e time during the smoke but wafts in and out like a ghost. Try it without the disc. When i do that, it's an extremely good vaper and i'd say very very close to LNF.

I was so intrigued with the versatility of this blend one eve, and maybe enough bored, to load up the LBF in as many different ways and even parallel smokes in cobs or a varied puffait of layers of vaper separated by cav discs. Crazy, but the results confirm this blend would indeed be in the running for Puff's Desert Island Blend! IF you had to choose one forever...

Ed
    Puff

Mark w4mms, Rewster66 and Kiowapipe like this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

This is one righteous smoke. I like it too much. Thanks for the recommendation Ed. I probably would have never tried this blend if I hadn't read this thread. Another solid pick from the guys at PSF.
    :toast:
    Brian

Mark w4mms likes this.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like LBF quite a bit, and it really is a nice smoke. A little more body, spice, and nicotine than LNF (though not much more nicotine). Still, I generally prefer LNF...for now.

I do plan to eventually get full packs of both when I can afford it and both are available from where I want to order.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

In fact, this thread has inspired me. Just loaded up the Bjarne with about two discs of the stuff...one was broken already and actually it's probably more like 1.5-1.75 discs....anyway, I had the centers to both and prepped it as per Ed's suggestion in terms of layering. I just gravity fed the pipe though, because I don't plan on smoking it until tomorrow, so this will let it breathe a little and air out without getting too dry. Should be a nice way to spend part of the afternoon! (hopefully it isn't terribly cold and windy!)

Mark w4mms likes this.
  7. user1975

user1975 Active Member

PS has a winner with LNF, LTF, and LBF. I can't make up my mind which I like the best. I've developed such a fondness for them all that I wouldn't want to have to pick a favorite really. It would almost be like trying to pick which of your children you like the most. If and when I can get the money, I'll be ordering a full pack of each.

SouthBound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.