Peter Stokkebye Luxury Flake Blends

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Raffxr7, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I find, if a VaPer gets too dry, it goes more spicy than sweet, and sometimes looses the sweet all together. I like most of my flakes a little more moist than most others do, it would seem.

D-Pap likes this.
  2. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

I am a believer in cube cutting all my flakes, to me they burn slower and cooler than rubbing them out and bring out the flavors better.. It also burns more consistent than a fold and stuff. I would suggest anyone who has not tried the cube cutting, give it a shot, so far everyone I know who has tried it that previously used to rub them out , has not gone back to rubbing. I will fold the flake length wise a couple of times and then cut it across the grain getting little cubes. I then use the three step packing method. I have found that I can also pack my bowl tighter with the cubes there bye giving me a cooler and longer smoke. A group 5 will last me 1.25-1.5 hours of flake bliss.

I used to smoke all three of the flakes but began getting tongue bite from the red virginia's in it. I did like the flavor of LNF best out of the three. For the money they represent one of the best flake values out on the market today.

Coda and D-Pap like this.
  3. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

I'll have to try the cube cut with my next flake. Thanks for the tip.

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Of the three, I like LNF the best. LTF has a wonderful Danish Butter Cookie flavor to it, and the room note is great, but I have to be in a certain mood to really enjoy it. LBF is alright, but I don't know if it is something that I'd want to cellar more than a pound of it. Come to think of it, I don't know if I'd want to cellar too much LTF either. Now LNF... I need to cellar at least three more pounds worth.

Raffxr7 and krusty like this.
  5. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

The bullseye flakes aren't as easy for me to fold and stuff, takes a narrow bowl to get it "right" for me.

6. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

D-Pap, let me know how you make out with the cube cut, I will be curious to know if you like it.

7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Well I attempted the cube cut and got a 1.5 hour cool smoke. Getting the flake in a more uniform size does contribute to a more consistent burn. I think this is how I will prepare my flakes from now on. Thanks cigrmaster for the suggestion!

8. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I don't know if they'll allow two of us!

9. Gig

Gig Member

I really enjoy the PS LNF and LBeF. Both are great tobaccos. I'm sure I've tried the PS LTF but it was such a long time ago I simply can't remember if i enjoyed it but I do recommend the other two :)

10. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I managed to break out the LTF a couple days ago, and I have a new favorite smoke... previously I haven't been able to name just ONE as a favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love all three... just love this one a lot more. The casing gives it a sweet note, but not a hot burning gooey mess. It's the kind of flavor I was trying to get from aromatics when I started, but none of the shortcomings.

11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Same here, Ming.

Mington likes this.
  12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I just did this with some LNF. Its pretty great. The Perique really stands out...yet, the Virginia seems more sweet...really nice...I may start trying this with all my flake tobacco...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.