1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Peterson aran 106 thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by powell0892, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Hey there gentlemen,

Long time no talk! Well it is my pipe smoking season again (Colder months) so I dusted off everything and broke them out today. Surprisingly my wonderful mother stopped by my house while I was smoking on the porch and ask if I would like a new pipe for Christmas, I kinda have my eye on this one and needed to know what ya'll think about it....never owned a Peterson, figured it was a good time to start. So let me hear it goods? bads?

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=88439

Beale likes this.
  2. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

I'm smoking an 06 right now, the little brother to the 106. One of my favorite shapes from one of my favorite makers. That Aran is purty.

3. DocB

DocB Active Member

Do IT... I have a few Petersons, and have no complaints. The P-lip stem is nice.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

What's up, bud...glad to see ya back! :)

I say go for it...nothing wrong in gunnin' for a Pete...'specially if it's a gift!

5. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Cool stuff thanks! Only "more expensive" pipe I have is Savinelli and I love it, but thought I might want a pete to add to the collection. She said she would buy be a couple of Grabows or one pete or savinelli so I figured what the heck I got a couple of Grabows already why not spice it up!

Monkey: Thanks for the heads up! I was looking at the 06 and may even end up going with it, I want something that can fit in my pocket but that will also give me a nice long smoke when I want it...

Ying: Thanks buddy! Good to see you again also! The wife has already started getting on to me for being on here too much....she always does....she will get over it!

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What cha been doin ?! Good to see you again ... bag the Pete , man !

7. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

8. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Ruffin: Not a whole lot...school has been whipping my butt as of lately but besides that I have been pretty good, figured it was time to lock up the cigars in the humidor and bring out the pipes so I was thinking about you guys and decided to come see what everyone has been up to. Glad to see a lot of yall are still here.

Tim: This was one of the three petes I was looking at and actually kinda like the 120 shape just as much but really wanted a P-lip and the only way I could get it would be with the Killarney, and im digging the aran a lot more.

9. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice looking pipe, I say go for it!

10. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

That is a sweet pipe, and there's nothing more classic and sophisticated than a straight billiard with a band, go for it if you have the chance!

11. Jay

Jay Active Member

If your mom is as cool as mine, she would get you the sav and the pete, just tell her you can't decide between the two. I'm sure it will work. Of course my mom never bought me a pipe before. But the wife bought me at least two for Christmas, not that I've been peaking, but I did see a couple packages show up here recently.

Good to see ya back

12. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Great looking pipe! BTW, Hi! I'm Ruffino's wife, nice to meet you.:D

13. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is a sweet Pipe! I like it! Go for it! Beale.

14. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Smoke a 106 and nothin but praise for this pipe! Stained bowl had me worried about first smokes and break in but she smoked beautifully at first smoke (new) and on. Great choice and nice Mom!

Ed
    Puff

15. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice! I have a few Petes...P-lip and fishtail...they all smoke a treat. The P-lip takes a bit of getting used to, but I like 'em.

16. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Awesome thanks guys I told her today that this is the one that I wanted....so we will see if she holds through. I sure do hope so!

17. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

Peterson's are great pipes and the Arans look really upscale. That is a sweet pipe. I love my Aran 80's, but I'm not a fan of the P-lip, IMHO the fishtail is better.

18. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Oh and by the way nice to meet you also Ruffinswife if you are anything like your husband (which im sure you are) you are a very nice person, he has done nothing but help me!

19. Westham1969

Westham1969 Member

I am looking at getting an Aran 80S or 999 shape...pull the cord Powell!

20. redskull13

redskull13 Member

I think peterson make great pipes ( and are affordable )
    Don't hesitate. Get that pipe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.