1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson Deluxe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by AndyLowry, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I've been on the lookout for an estate Peterson Deluxe for several weeks, and finally found one that met my el-cheapo price requirements. It's the bottom one on this page. (Click thumbnail to see embiggened pictures). It's an Ebay special and came in at $77, which strikes me as not horrible.

I don't know that the grain is ultra-super-fabulous or anything, but the birds-eye is kinda nice and the stain is a really nice walnut. I've always wondered what the big ol' bulge on the stem of these is all about, and now I know: nothing. It's apparently just an aesthetic balance requirement. I sure hope it's not hollow in there... There's a metal stinger thingie that's going to make thorough cleaning a bit of a bitch, but so will the P-lip, so what the hey. It smokes surprisingly well, especially considering that the previous owner saw fit to remove the cake (the thoughtless bastidge).
  2. slprl1

slprl1 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Looks like a nice one. Have have a few Peterson's and they're all great. It will last you a lifetime if you take care of it.
  3. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Get a good Pete and you will be passing it on to your Grandkids.
  4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

A nice looking pipe which if cared for should last a lifetime! I'm told that that kind of stem is so made, that as the years go by it will still fit well - it'll just work its way towards the woodwork!

By and large the higher up the Peterson tree you go the more care seems to be taken with the drilling and the fine tuning of the stem and mouthpiece for comfort.

Enjoy in good health for many a year yet to come,

5. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I have one that is shaped just like that in their Kinsale series. It's not a system or p-lip pipe, but it smokes very well. I have several petes now and they all smoke well, they are a bit of a pain to break in though. Otherwise you got a nice pipe there.......enjoy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.