Peterson Irish Flake rebirth!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WillH, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

As you all know I've been griping about Peterson's University Flake and Irish Flake because the quality has fallen off of late.

Today I opend a new tin of University Flake and viola! It's the same great tobacco of old! Rich, hard pressed, terrific aroma and intense. Loaded a flake in the trusty ole' 999 and it was wonderful!

So what does this prove? It proves it can be done if everyone does their part! Quality control should not be at the with user. A little ISO-9000 QC wouldn't hurt! Photo below:
    [​IMG]
    Now if they can do the same for University Flake all is forgiven!

Will

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

Will, your post says you opened a new tin of University Flake today, did you mean Irish Flake? That's what the picture shows anyway.

3. WillH

WillH Active Member

Oops! Forgive marc you are absolutely correct! I did indeed mean Irish Flake. I'll blame it on hardening of the arteries! Thanks for proof reading and allowing a correction. That's one good thing about pictures - if ya can't tell the story right draw a picture. In this case the picture is correct.

Will

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Not a problem sir! Don't want to confuse those newbies!:)

5. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

Exactly the same I got from Byron Oost.

6. WillH

WillH Active Member

Well keep an eye out, I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities to proofread! I've always had a disconnect between what I actually write and what I believe I'm writing. It's a pain!

Will

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

I got your back!:haha:

8. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Most excellent. I have just gotten back into this old staple of mine, and luckily have avoided the bad run so far.

9. pottsy

pottsy Member

Glad to know they got there you know what together. Must have been a bad batch, a big one, but a bad batch that went out.

10. Zfog

Zfog Member

Glad it is coming back for ya. It sure looks dank and delicious!

11. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

that stuff looks a bit like my OTC Condor!....must give it a try!:p

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is some sweet looking flake!! I will have to try some!! Beale.

13. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

This is encouraging news. I'm just a few flakes from finishing the last of my Uni flake stash and I really want to make sure the new stuff is up to snuff before I order it. If the new Irish flake is good, that takes a little worry off it. Cheers Will!

14. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Thanks to the picture, I think I need to go get some of this stuff!!

15. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I'm a flake convert, and so far I've been smoking OGS and Erinmore - both are just awesome. I've got some Stokkebye Navy Flake on order, and I'm looking forward to that. So far, I've liked all the Petetrson tobaccos I've tried so I've got University Flake on the list. Since hooking up w/PSF, I've really expanded my tobacco experience but I'm still put off by the strength of some tobies. I heard that Peterson's Irish Flake is some pretty stout stuff w/enough Vitamin N to kill a horse. Is this true? The rumors of its extreme strenght and high nicotine content have made me hesitant to order it.

16. Zfog

Zfog Member

Indeed it is very strong with the vitamin N. Regardless of that it is a must try! I even dedicated a Peterson pipe to it.

17. Albert

Albert Active Member

Irish Flake Is Great! What an awesome full flavor smoke! And that tin note...Yea! This is my "nobody around me, read for 2 hours on one bowl, super satisfying smoke" Its even great lightened up with some CH mixed in. Yea..im a fan :byg:

18. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

Hooray, I can stop rationing the last few "old" tins of IF I've got and go back to enjoying my N laden after dinner smoke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.