1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Peterson P lip

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ryan65, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan65

ryan65 Member

Just finished smoking EMP in my Peterson system 305 and I find that the P lip stems to be the most comfortable stem and I love them! I used to have a kinsale xl also fitted with a P lip and even with the huge bowl the P lip made it so easy to keep in my mouth while puffing away so I was wondering how you all feel about it, you like? don't like? let me know

2. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

not a fan

3. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Never been a huge fan of the P-Lip but I am going to try them again...

Jay

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I didn't think I would be at 1st either but I actually really like it on my Pete 999.

5. Cobra

Cobra Member

I didn't like them at first, I found it a real mouthful, especially with full dentures. They do as advertised inasmuch as eliminating tongue bite. Little by little I started getting used to them and how to hold them in my mouth, I like to clench more than hold. I was patient and then one day I realized I wasn't conscientiously trying to adjust for it and just put it in my mouth and smoked it. That being said, I wouldn't buy a Pete now without the P-lip. :jig:

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Same for me, won't buy a Pete without it.

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I like 'em all right on bent pipes, but really only accept them because Peterson is incapable of cutting a reasonably sized fishtail bit.

If you showed me a good grade P-lip Peterson and an equivalent well cut Italian fishtail... I'd take the latter every time.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I have two p-lips and have dedicated them both to English blends. Works for me!

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I've heard a lot about them but have never tried one. Just what is the difference between that and a "regular" bit? :imstupid:

10. ryan65

ryan65 Member

the P lip is designed where the hole is on top of the bit so the smoke is draw towards the roof of the mouth to reduce tongue bite, and the shape also sits on your teeth which I find more comfortable to hold in the mouth.

11. Cobra

Cobra Member

Quick question, is the Savinelli p-lip the same as the Peterson and if not, how do they differ? Hard to tell just from pictures.

12. user0003

Yup pretty much the same, Grabow puts a P-Lip on their Omega pipes as well.

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Thanks Ryan. May have to try one at some point. Don't know how well it would work with full dentures but doesn't seem like there'd be much difference.

14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Don't like them. Took an emory board to all that I had. Easy to alter them into something that works for me.

15. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

My X wife used to go through a load of those little emery boards...never could figure out why. :hippi:

16. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

P-Lip.

Bah. Humbug.

17. user0003

Ahh....but in the end even Scrooge came around. It's only a matter of time for you now Moo. :eek:hyeah:

18. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Humbug.

Stuff and nonsense.

19. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

I prefer the Fishtail mainly due to the fact that I prefer to clench 60% of the time. For me, the P-Lip does create too much weight on the teeth for a comfortable clench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.