1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson Pipes: Background?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Felix, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix

Felix Member

Beautiful pipes!

upinsmoke likes this.
  2. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

If I might ask, how do you like the ebony? Does it smoke as well as the others? What is the finish, a paint, stain or laminate?

3. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

It smokes very well. I have not experienced any bubbling or had the color run on my hands like my buddy's Aran. I believe it's a lacquer but I could be wrong. Unfortunately it's dedicated to 10 Russians and Penzance and I don't smoke Latakia blends as often as I should. It's had so much Penzance run through it that anything I would smoke out of it would definitely taste like Penzance. Hopefully when the weather cools down a bit, I will move back towards smoking it more often.

4. Bman64

Bman64 Member

I love the 317 Drinkless I own, I use it only for aros. I'd like more of these but with larger bowls. Dublinthedam has an excellent YouTube vid touring the Peterson plant. I'd love to pick up a pipe there and take it on a tour of the Jamison distillery :)

5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Petes are my favorite "factory" pipes. The XL02 is my favorite shape, and the St. Paddy Day is my favorite line.

Felix likes this.
  6. Felix

Felix Member

Ok so next question. I watched the videos, and researched online. What is the no nonsense answer to:

Difference between a "K&P" Peterson System Pipe and a "Peterson" pipe?

One thing i noticed is the Sterling Silver Band and the three stamps. Is K&P a lower model of a Peterson?

FELIX

7. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

A System pipe has a sort of reservoir to collect moisture to ensure a dryer smoke, you can get any range of briar quality in a 'System". Its just the engineering of the pipe.
    http://www.peterson.ie/pipes/system.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.