1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

peterson pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by cincybilly, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincybilly

cincybilly New Member

I am considering buying a peterson estate pipe but was wondering if anyone knew any info on them. One of them is a shannon bent, the other is a dunmore bent. I cant seem to find any info if these pipes employ the "peterson system" reservoir in them? I want to try the system pipes but they are always more expensive than i can afford, but these two pipes seem to be a bit cheaper. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

CB the Shannon / Dunmore you're referring to is the pipe's finish. find out the model # and we can give you more info.

3. cincybilly

cincybilly New Member

the dunmore is a #72 the shannon is a #68>

4. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

The system pipes come in three finishes that I know of: smooth, rustic and ebony. In my opinion Peterson's are great pipes. I have three Peterson's at the moment and I love all three. Smoke great and look great. Just like Rugby said, what are the model numbers?

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Peterson Shape Chart

Neither is a System Pipe, pretty sure all the System Model #s are the 300 range

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

System Pipes are stamped "System Standard". The pipes in question are not system pipes. But don't hesitate to buy them - Petes can be quite charming.

7. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I've got a few Petes and they're all good smokers. A lot of the shapes have relatively small bowls so smokers frequently gravitate away from them as time goes on (I still smoke mine and enjoy them, but I won't be buying more anytime soon), but for someone starting out they're just about perfect.

8. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

If you have a chance to get a good pete i would not let it slip by, they are great smokers. My next pete will be a shannon serries, i LOVE the finish on them.

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I'll chime in here for Petes! I own a few, my fav is the "belgique" nice small "dainty" little flake burner, shirt pocket sized and I just love it. My other is a 264 Killarney...........I need to polish up the stem (oxidized fairly heavy, was left in the car for a number of years..........no wonder I couldn't find it!). Petes are great smokers and I don't feel you'll be regretting your purchase or pending purchase at all.

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.