1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Peterson rings

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by clm42, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

The Pete tankard and barrel shapes are small and relatively thin-walled. They demand attention to prevent overheating and, in return, reveal virginia tobaccos wonderfully. They're worth the learning curve and will teach you how to smoke with a light touch. For sure you'll want the ferrule replaced with something (anything) to protect that little shank from cracking over time. Any pipe guy can fit one for you.

2. clm42

clm42 Member

I emailed Peterson today to see if they would mail me one that has there stamp on out or if I would have to mail them the pipe. Waiting to hear back before I look into other options. Still might get a nickel one for jh lowe if I can't get one from Peterson. I don't need help sticking a ring on a long as I can get a good measurement on it. I'm going to fill it with escudo tonight and see what happens.

3. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I'd almost be willing to bet they are going to ask for it to be sent in.

4. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Second that, if for nothing else than they may be worried about some unscrupulously using the pete name on a bogus pipe. Not that you would but someone might.

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I don't think The small barrels and such come with silver only nickel I think.

6. clm42

clm42 Member

The exceedingly decent folks at Peterson are going to mail me a nickel mount to put on my pipe. It will be nickel but that doesn't bother me. I was only going for the silver if I had to buy it myself. The nice folks asked my address and said they would send me two (just in case I guess) and said to stick it on with some wood glue. That's a good tip, I was going to use epoxy. Great customer service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.