1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson stem replacement

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Snake, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I cleaned up that 303 that I won with the
    Falcon Shillelagh, but the stem is beyond
    my help. Is there a place where I can get
    a replacement stem?

2. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

I looked into that a while ago. If you send it to peterson in Ireland they charge $30 for a new stem, you can request vulcanite or acrylic.
    There is a place in USA that are approved peterson repairers, but I suppose that only matters if you want the little "p" on it. I deleted the email months ago so I can't tell you who does it, sorry..

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Thanks for the tip Tripp! Maybe I'll just
    bring the stummel with me to the UK when
    I go. I may have better luck finding a
    replacement closer to it's birthplace.

4. SL Clemens

SL Clemens Member

Here is the information about Peterson stem repair/replacement:
    Dear Sir

Peterson pipe mouthpieces (both Classic and System) are not standard sizes and therefore they must be hand-fitted. You must return your pipe to our factory and the cost of a PETERSON LIP or FISHTAIL mouthpiece is €21.50 each plus postage

Payment by credit card will be requested when the new stem has been fitted.

If you wish to avail of this service please send your pipe together with your instructions and full postal address to the address at the bottom of this email – where possible please specify if you require Peterson Lip or Fishtail mouthpiece.

Lead Time: Please note that we receive pipes from all over the world and each pipe repair must take its place in a queuing system (according to the date received). Therefore repairs can take some weeks to complete.

As you are located in the U.S.A. it may be more convenient for you to send your pipe to Schulte's Pipe Repair Service (an approved Peterson repair service)to have a new mouthpiece fitted - details as follows:

Schulte's Pipe Repair Service
    678 Old Dixie Highway
    Vero Beach
    FL 32962
    U. S. A.
    Phone: 772 564 0079

We hope this information is of help.

Kind regards

Angela Fortune
    Kapp & Peterson Limited
    T/A Peterson of Dublin
    Peterson House
    Sallynoggin
    Co. Dublin
    IRELAND

Regards,
    Sam

5. TXPiper

TXPiper Member

So if I send it to that Schulte's place, the repaired stem won't have the 'p'?

6. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

No idea, I assume being an approved repairer it would have the 'p', but you know what happens when you assume.....
    If you call I'm sure they could tell you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.