1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson system 301

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Jussto, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

[​IMG]
    It seems the 302 and 303 seem to get all the press, but the 301 has a definite place of its own.

First off, this is a Big guy, I haven't measured it, but only fill it half full if you have less than an hour. It will easily burn for two if you sip a well behaved leaf or flake.

Secondly, I bet 1Q would give you a nic buzz if you loaded this thing full of it. This is the only pipe that leaves me dizzy after a bowl of flakes. I've definitely od'd on nic twice with this thing, once with harmless delicious OGS and once with University flake. You'd think I would learn, but a couple of folded up flakes burn so good in this bowl! I also like that you can stuff flakes in just about as wet as you want to, and that system will pull the moisture out of the smoke, that reservoir must hold a quart.

To top it all off, that P-lip keeps you from slow roasting your tongue, and for its size, this pipe is a great clencher.

One of my favorite Petes!

DocB likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Active Member

Very nice looking pipe. One of these days a Pete system pipe will be added to the stables.

3. Gig

Gig Member

Nice looking Peterson and congrats. The 301 is one shape I've been thinking of getting for a while and that is a fine example :)

4. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Thank you! That one found me, it was in an estate lot from Ebay, really rough, but cleaned up nice if I do say so myself!
    [​IMG]This was her stem!

5. redskull13

redskull13 Member

I have the Peterson System Standard 307 with the p-lip. It looks similar to yours. Although mine is a rustic pipe.
    I use it for Aromatics and Cavendish blends. I always fill her up and get a good hour out of it with these tobaccos.
    I tried it with Flakes and plug style tobaccos and I overdosed on the Nicotine content as well.
    Also it takes 1 hour 20 minutes to smoke a full bowl of flake ( give or take )

6. Gig

Gig Member

WOW Jussto I thought it was a brand new pipe . You certainly have done a beautiful job restoring it. Well done on salvaging that beauty :)

7. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Nice job on the cleanup mate.

8. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

Good looking pot but I think the 302 and 303 are still nicer looking :)

9. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Great cleanup and congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.