1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson system drilling

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by soundlzrd, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

The other day I was looking at getting another Pete system. While looking in a few bowls, I noticed they were all drilled high. Is this part of the system, a filter layer of tobacco, laziness or what?

Sean

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Drilled high in the bowl, you mean? That shouldn't be. In the shank, yes, but not in the bowl.

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Yes, high in the bowl. I didn't think so. Thanks Andy.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Don't buy it unless you only smoke "air pockets" or "c-balls".

Ed
    Puff

5. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Might take another look at it Friday. I just hope to get out of work at a reasonable time. Will bring a pipe cleaner to check where the whole actually comes too.

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Small LED flashlight is great for examining bowls (keyring size, itty-bitty) when you're out and about or even just loungin'.

Ed
    Puff

7. WillH

WillH Active Member

I've had a few systems. I know what you mean about the high drilling. No, they are not all that way. Personally, I wouldn't buy one as the bottom tends to remain damp - even if you load using the canon ball approach as I do. The area below the draft hole just doesn't get enough air circulation when it's high. That's exactly why I say buy only pipes you can personally evaluate prior to sale - unless you know the source of the pipe a trust them. Remember you are, sadly, the final quality control agent for many pipe makers.

BTW, I have a three year old Pete system that is drilled spot on, so I know it can be done!
    [​IMG]
    Will

8. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Might have to try your fish s**t method on the system I have.

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

That's a fine-lookin' Deluxe there, Will.

10. WillH

WillH Active Member

Tis nice. I hate the finish. Looks like Varicose Veins! That pipe was a special production run in memorial of a noted pipe smoker who pass on three years ago. A fine gentleman that I considered a good friend, as many did! He actually was a well educated pipe expert!

Will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.