1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson Tankard Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Do the Pete Tankards & Barrels come in a fishtail stem? I've been looking for months, and only see them in P-lip. The smooth ones seem to be fairly uncommon too. I thought maybe I could order a smooth w/fishtail if anyone knows if they come that way?

Thanks

2. krusty

krusty Active Member

Yeah, I've only seen the Tankard offered with a P-Lip as well.
    You can try to "custom" order one with the fishtail but believe me it'll take a while to get it!

Odd some of the ways the different lines are offered.
    I have a Donegal 03. It's sold everywhere with the silver mount. I wanted a Donegal 999 with silver mount to compliment the 03 but for whatever reason the 999 in the Donegal series is only offered with a nickel mount. Go figure.
    Anyhoo I submitted a "special order" for a Donegal 999 w/ fishtail and silver mount through SmokingPipes several months ago. Still waiting. Good thing we pipe smokers are a patient bunch!!

3. BradNTX

I might have to do that with the tankard then. I've been wanting one, but not with the P-lip.

I like the 03 shape a lot. I had a 2011 Christmas pipe in an 03 shape, but the green finish bubbled up and I traded it out for a Kinsale XL14. I've been wanting another apple, but haven't found it in the configuration I want either (Rosslare Royal Irish fishtail).

Thanks for the tip on special ordering!

4. krusty

krusty Active Member

Send an inquiry to SP customer service would be the next step. Luck!

5. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

I had a Peterson barrel w/ fishtail, a vintage from ebay. I don't know if you can get new w / fishtail. Go to Ashton, they are distributer.

6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Contact petersons directly. I did for a pipe that wasn't released in the US. It took 4-6 weeks to get it, but the cost was the same as if I bought it over here.

BradNTX likes this.
  7. krusty

krusty Active Member

I tried to get my special order directly from Petersons as well. Was told they would gladly put it together but that I had to place the order through a retailer.

8. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I'm pretty sure they only come with P-lips, it's a pretty easy mod to convert it to a fish tail though, only difference would be a small hole instead of a slit at the mouth piece, I have do this with several of mine and it hasn't been an issue.

9. BradNTX

Thanks for all the helpful info!

10. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I have only ever seen them with the P-Lip stem. However, I know of someone who can make a fishtail stem for it. I have now had a few P-Lips converted over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.