1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson's Sweet Killarney

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jamie7, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie7

jamie7 Member

The other day I had a hankering for something aromatic and hit the B&M. I picked up some peterson's sweet killarney.

After about three bowls I found that it is true to the tin description of creme caramel or toffee. It is a very light casing that keeps the tobacco flavour in the foreground. There are enough virginias in there to bite if you smoke too fast. Overall it is a nice simple aromatic that is gently sweet and not over-cased and I didn't notice any PG (although i'm sure it's on there).

On my fourth bowl I mixed SK about 50-50 with PA and had a nice smoke that kept the original flavour without the tongue bite. That was a nice mix.

I don't know if I "recommend" this tobacco, but you could do worse as far as aromatics go. With this one you still know you're smoking tobacco and not candy - it's not overly sweet.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I waffle on the Peterson aros. Some times I think they are perfect, and then I get a tin or a bowl that just sucks. I dunno.

Connoisseur's Choice can be sublime, or it can be hot and ****ty. Luxury Blend can be super nice, sweet and floral, or it can be ashy and bitter.

3. jamie7

jamie7 Member

I know, I hear ya. Sherlock Holmes is one I enjoy - reminds me of tea or citrus or something, but once in a while it's just hot and rough. I think it's because they are lightly cased and have a fair amount of virginias. SH is another one where it's more about the tobacco flavour than the topping - you gotta give Peterson's that.

4. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

This statement sums it up perfectly for me. I got some free with my wife's order of the Peterson Killarney (XL02) for our two year anniversary. It's not the best aromatic but it's not bad. Everytime I smoke it, it reminds me of the first day I smoked it, which was at O'Charley's on the fine evening of our anniversary. Good memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.