Peterson's Sweet Killarney

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jamie7, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie7

jamie7 Member

The other day I had a hankering for something aromatic and hit the B&M. I picked up some peterson's sweet killarney.

After about three bowls I found that it is true to the tin description of creme caramel or toffee. It is a very light casing that keeps the tobacco flavour in the foreground. There are enough virginias in there to bite if you smoke too fast. Overall it is a nice simple aromatic that is gently sweet and not over-cased and I didn't notice any PG (although i'm sure it's on there).

On my fourth bowl I mixed SK about 50-50 with PA and had a nice smoke that kept the original flavour without the tongue bite. That was a nice mix.

I don't know if I "recommend" this tobacco, but you could do worse as far as aromatics go. With this one you still know you're smoking tobacco and not candy - it's not overly sweet.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I waffle on the Peterson aros. Some times I think they are perfect, and then I get a tin or a bowl that just sucks. I dunno.

Connoisseur's Choice can be sublime, or it can be hot and ****ty. Luxury Blend can be super nice, sweet and floral, or it can be ashy and bitter.

3. jamie7

jamie7 Member

I know, I hear ya. Sherlock Holmes is one I enjoy - reminds me of tea or citrus or something, but once in a while it's just hot and rough. I think it's because they are lightly cased and have a fair amount of virginias. SH is another one where it's more about the tobacco flavour than the topping - you gotta give Peterson's that.

4. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

This statement sums it up perfectly for me. I got some free with my wife's order of the Peterson Killarney (XL02) for our two year anniversary. It's not the best aromatic but it's not bad. Everytime I smoke it, it reminds me of the first day I smoked it, which was at O'Charley's on the fine evening of our anniversary. Good memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.