1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

picked up a tin of Sunday's Fantasy

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bullwinkle, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

today at the local B&M.. I had never heard of it and the guy working had no idea either. So, on the way home I try it in a new cob I picked up and it's really good. I don't have the talent to do a real review but the car smelled great and I went through 3 bowls today. I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here.

2. Hitch

Hitch Member

Who makes it?

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

Thomas Radford

4. Hitch

Hitch Member

What did you like best about it?

5. wataru

wataru Member

Send me a pinch or two and I'll letcha know what I think so we can get another opinion ;-)

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

I'll give it a shot..

I opened it in the car the smell was kind of sweet but wasn't as strong as my other aro fav Autumn Evening. It packed easly and after a quick char and one relight it smoked nicely to the bottom of the bowl. No bite or odd aftertaste. I took the wife to the grogery and as soon as she got in she said the car smelled nice for a change. So I fired up another bowl while I waited for her and it didn't require a relight and the 3rd bowl on the deck while grilling burned nicely. It's kind of a sweet, maybe fruit? Wife guesses apricots and vanilla. No info on the tin.

So after all this I liked that it didn't require constant attention, didn't bite, smoked dry, tasted nice and the wife enjoyed the smell.

7. Hitch

Hitch Member

Cant beat a trip to the grogery.

8. cst

cst Member

Izzat where they make or sell grog? Or both?

9. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

the blender is poschl tabak

11. S700KY

S700KY Member

Thanks for the review guys. I'm going to the indoor market later today to see the tobacco man. He has some in a jar so I'll get a 25g wrap from him and give it a whirl [​IMG]

12. S700KY

S700KY Member

I score my toby's out of 5 and keep a record of them in each pipe I smoke them in. 1 being awful and 5 great. I score on taste and burn, and this one got a 5 & 5 from me, I loved it [​IMG]

13. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice aromatic...not always my style, but I'll try anything once... :whistle:
    Paul...no tobacco deserves a 5. A rating of 4 31/32 is as high as I go...1/32 off for the "health hazard" involved..... :roflmao:

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

If I remember right .. it reminded me of cotton candy with other stuff going on . Very aromatic ! Was a bit much for me . Wonder how it would be toned down ?

15. S700KY

S700KY Member

Lol T-Bear, nice one!

Ruffinogold, it is very nice. I tend towards aromatics at the moment. It has to taste nice, which is why I'm and Ale drinker and not a spirits drinker lol.

Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.