1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Picture of You Smoking a Pipe

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Mister Moo, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobRiguez

RobRiguez Member

Irish gang signs??

2. Brian Powers

Brian Powers Member

Nah, but after looking at my post I believe I could ride on Samm's bus.

3. RobRiguez

RobRiguez Member

Nope. No glass eye and no helmet so no short buss for you.

4. Brian Powers

Brian Powers Member

Ouch!

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Now that's how you smoke a daysworth of leaf, lovin' all your gurlz at once! I've done three at once, more often do two when feeling giddy. Usually one burning bowl and a DGT on the side :)

Nice gaggle of Petes ya got there!

Ed
    Puff

IrishRover likes this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The last thing you see before the Walther PPK goes pop ;)

7. phinz

phinz Active Member

It's not a Pete. I'll have to take a look at it because I can't remember the brand. It's actually the first briar I ever bought, and still one of my favorites. It's a fake military mount and smokes *great!*

8. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

People used to wonder how my bird dog could smell birds after riding in my pick up while I was smoking a pipe enroute to the hunting fields. I would open a window a bit so the smoke never got very thick. I never worried about his health because a dog's lifespan is too short for them to develop complications from smoke inhalation.

9. TTUSmoker

TTUSmoker Member

10. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

11. DocMacKinnon

DocMacKinnon Member

Happy to see I'm not the only guy to do "self-portraits" in the car!

Pipe Smoker likes this.
  12. DocMacKinnon

DocMacKinnon Member

Remember when I listed a Kaywoodie White Briar under my "Best & Worst" pipes?
    [​IMG]
    I'm rethinking this funny looking Kaywoodie, as I found an identical one on eBay last night- it is called a "Vest Pocket Pipe"- this would explain the odd bowl shape and angular design.

From the Briar Files:
    The Kaywoodie company was very good at coming up with any excuse they needed never to waste a piece of briar. You got a leftover piece that might make a pipe except it's too narrow? Don't throw it away! Let's make a pipe anyway and come up with a good reason for it later.

This is the EZ Set Vest Pocket pipe in shape #66. It looks sort of flattened because it was, so it would fit in your pocket more comfortably (yes! really! we meant to do that!).

It's not the easiest pipe to clean much less tamp as the normal pipe tool won't fit. And the stinger won't come out! But again, that's where Fuzzy Sticks again come in handy...but I have to wait to get my "cleaner of choice" after payday. And it's the right size to tuck into a jacket pocket.

Pipe Smoker, Spaceboy Tim and HCraven like this.
  13. zirrow

zirrow Member

Just make sure there aren't any California Lab Rats around, I've heard the smoke is really bad for them.

ol gto likes this.
  14. DocMacKinnon

DocMacKinnon Member

One of the reasons I first disliked the Kaywoodie Vest Pocket, was the draw was terrible! This was due to a really heavy cake and crud all throughout this pipe; and after a total cleaning I was able to actually find the hole in the bottom front of the bowl, as well as clean the tiny holes on the stinger. But since all I had was rubbing alcohol, I'm letting this fully aerate before using it again. Now it can move up the chain to a "Smoker".:sh:

HCraven likes this.
  15. phinz

phinz Active Member

I have one of these too. Haven't smoked it yet.

[​IMG]

Motard, ol gto and DocMacKinnon like this.
  16. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Labs don't use rats anymore. Lawyers are cheaper, more plentiful and the lab technicians don't get emotionally attached to them.

17. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Sorry for the double post. I had a pewter glitch.

18. phinz

phinz Active Member

I have one of these too. Haven't smoked it yet.

[​IMG]

19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I don't smoke around my dogs except outside. I've lost two to cancer already. I'm not blaming myself for that but I'm not adding to the danger for them either.

20. DocMacKinnon

DocMacKinnon Member

As the bowl hole is down and front, if you didn't know where it was, you'd be digging- if it had a heavy nasty cake like mine did. And the stinger, once cleaned, has "DRINKLESS" stamped on it- but that lil' bugger is not gonna budge- I can see plier marks on it. But a pipe cleaner will run through it, and my Fuzzies did a great job on the 4 holes on the stinger's ball. Now- with an way better draw, it's not a bad little pipe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.