Pipe carrying?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Drake, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake

Drake Member

Im new to pipe smoking so this may sound dumb. I was wondering, when you guys leave the house for the day and bring your pipe, how do you carry it? Do many of you just stick it in a pocket or do you have one of those pouches for a pipe, tobacco and pipe tools. I an just wondering if it would be wise to buy a combo pouch to bring my pipe and tobacco along for the day.

2. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

When I take my pipe to work, I stick all my pipe things in a plastic bag; pipe, tobacco, pipe cleaners, tool, cleaner, etc. If I'm just going out for a bit, I just bring the essentials in my shirt or jacket pocket; pipe, tobacco, tool.

3. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

For my nice pipes, I have a pouch. For my beaters it goes in my pocket. I keep cobs in my truck. I also keep tobacco in my truck.

4. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

I only carry "beater" pipes. MM Cob or my already been broken and glued back together meer. And I just shove em in a pocket.
    My nice pipes are for the front porch only.

5. phinz

phinz Active Member

Cob in a pocket of my man purse, along with a spare tamper and lighter and a medicine bottle full of Sugar Barrel.

If it's a nice night and we're going to a bar that allows smoking I'll pack one of my pouches with a nicer pipe and a couple of ounces of tobacco.

6. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

I carry mine in my shirt or coat pocket. I keep a cob and a Dr. G. In the truck with tobacco, tool, and cleaners. My nice pipes stay at home.

carelessone1 likes this.
  7. Pappy

Pappy Member

Like everything else about the pipe, it’s not rocket science but what works best for you. For myself, I like to keep it pretty simple. I choose a pipe with a small bowl, (generally a Falcon), and keep it in my shirt pocket. I also put a wind screen on the bowl before popping it in my pocket to keep any un-smoked or loose tobacco in the pipe. It also helps in keeping your shirt from smelling like an ash tray. Not wanting to fuss with a zipper, I prefer roll-up tobacco pouches with two pockets; one for the tobacco and the other for a few pipe cleaners. For a light I take a Zippo as it works great outside as well as in.

So to sum it up: covered pipe in left shirt pocket, tobacco pouch in right hip pocket, and Zippo in right front pocket. A pipe tool is at your digression; I seldom carry one. :old:

carelessone1 and Basil Meadows like this.
  8. ch3360

ch3360 Member

I purchased a leather pipe pouch from Sorringowl...... It's perfect. Has room for pipe, lighters or matches, cleaners, tamper tool, and some baccy..... Money well spent

9. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I want to get one of those, whenever I get back to normal.

10. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I throw my lighter and tamper in my pocket, my tobacco pouch or a ziploc of tobacco and pipe in the center console. I will smoke that all day when I am out.

If I am taking a bag, then I grab my four pipe pouch and take an assortment, but I usually travel light.

11. Po Lazarus

Po Lazarus Member

I've got a Kaywoodie, a lighter, a czech tool and a pouch of Carter Hall in my car. Handy for traffic jams.

12. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I carry my Cobs in my work van and whenever im out and about not to worryed about loosing one and i have a cheap 50cent pipe nail i carry in front pocket and one two books of matches and a small lighter for when matches just wont work

13. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I have a Dodge pickup with a center console. I cut the bottom out of a koozi and lay it in the bottom of the cup holder. I close the adustment, and it forms a perfect sized, padded pocket for any size or shape of pipe. I put a babyfood jar w/a couple days worth of smoke in the other cupholder or a ziplock in my lunchbox.

14. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Since any time I leave the house I can be gone for 48 hours, I carry several pipes, tobaccos, tampers, lighters, cell phone, laptop, pistol and other tools, and medication for the next morning. I take a meer with me, but it stays in a case to protect it. This all gets put into a canvas tool bag, or an open top tool box. The compartments are just right for those to hold pipes.

15. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

As you can see, you have any number of options. My $.02: If you use a pipe pouch that has one of those rubber-lined tobacco compartments, carry the tobacco in a ziploc in the pouch. It'll stay fresh a lot longer, you'll lose less tobacco, and you'll have less smell carrying over between blends.

16. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I carry all my stuff in a peterson pipe pouch. It holds my pipe, cleaners, lighter and tamp. I usually smoke in my car and i take any pipe with me on a given day. I dont just take beaters with me.

17. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

I have a Peterson's pipe pouch, I bought it with the best intentions and I've used it a grand total of twice. I think its way too bulk for carrying around with stuff in it.

If im out with my pipes then my Pipe, tobacco (Pouch or tin) Tamper and a lighter or two goes in my left hand side coat pocket. In fact I usually have a combination of Pipe Tobacco or tamper left in it when I put on my coat

18. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

Yeah, it would definitely be too bulky to carry around in a pocket. It is fine to take in the car though. It sits on my passenger seat when I'm driving and then it goes inside my messenger bag to the office.

If I'm out walking around or something, lighter and tamper in the pocket.

19. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I have a cheap pouch that stays full of Carter Hall in the truck along with a cob and a full bent gurgler that I've designated a beater pipe. Nice ones stay in the house.
    Lighter is always in a pocket with a Czech tool.

20. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

I've used everything from cargo pants, pipebags and with a small amount of shame a murse. I'm thinking if I had one of those Tactical Shotgun Vests I could probably wear a months worth of pipe smoking supplies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.