1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe carrying?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Drake, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menachem

menachem Member

Oct 9, 2012
    When I am out walking or in town shopping--if I'm wearing a suit, I'll carry a couple of pipes in the outer pockets. If not in a suit, I'll have one in my shirt pocket. Had a pipe case, but it is way too bulky to carry around and those work best with straight pipes. I don't have any beaters so I tend to carry whatever fits my fancy, providing it matches what I'm wearing. Wearing jeans and T-shirt would look kinda funny with a Preben Holm straight grain clenched in my teeth. Same goes the other way. I wouldn't bring a corn-cob to a white tie event (I actually have to go to things like that). It's much easier when the weather is cold enough for a jacket. Then you've got some pockets in which to put pipes. I figure if I don't make pipe smoking look cumbersome, then it might not put potential pipe smokers off.
  2. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for Human

Jul 21, 2012
    I have a leather pouch from Sorringowl. I highly recommend you check out some of his stuff. Those pouches are very handy.
  3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I've recently misplaced a pipe (basket pipe) by not carrying it in a pouch. I now carry any/all pipes in a pipe/tobacco pouch. The chances of damaging it or losing it is far less likely. A good pouch will accommodate a pipe, a tamper, and approximately one ounce of tobacco. In my opinion, you can't go wrong. It's a $20-$30 investment you won't regret.
  4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

May 19, 2010
    For the most part I used a pouch that holds 1 pipe, pipe tool and tobacco. There have been times when I used a large ziplock to carry multiple pipes while traveling for long periods of time.
  5. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Usually I just carry a cob in my pocket, tobacco, lighter and tool.
    If I'm going to for a longer time I have a pouch that holds 2 pipes, cleaners, tool, tobacco, lighter.
  6. Captain Smiley

Captain Smiley Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Since I'm a second time newby, most of my smoking is done on the front steps (the wife won't let me smoke inside). I don't smoke often enough to need to carry one away from the house. My good friend that gave me my starter pipes did however give my one of those $2 plaid pouches. I can carry either of my pipes, a tool (in case I'm smoking with a freind), a couple of cleaners and a couple ouces of tobacco. Mostly it just sits on my desk smelling real nice.
  7. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    What I do varies by intent. If I'm just going for a walk I'll toss essentials in my coat pocket and go. If I'm going on the road (near or far) I have a few different sizes of soft cases depending -- 2 pipes for me, 4 pipes if I'm going to share with friends and/or if I'm on travel for a while.
  8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I travel a lot and don't leave home without three things: my pipe, pillow and Kindle.
    I have a single-pipe, snap flap holder with a tobacco pouch and zippered pocket for tool, lighter and a few folded cleaners. Works like a charm and fits in my front dress pants pocket for an easy carry. They are cheap, and everywhere.

I just bought this for my daughers, pipe smoking boyfriend:
  9. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I have two, three and seven pipe pouches. Depending on how long I'll be gone and puffing opportunities, I'll pick one to fit the occasion. Also have two small leather, rubber lined tobacco pouches....I'll load them with whatever sounds good at the time.
  10. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Aromatic Fart

Apr 1, 2012
    When heading out, usually to work, Zippo in a lighter case on my belt, right side. Tobacco in a pouch, left rear pocket. Tamper in shirt pocket. Pipe in my gob, freshly packed and lit. When at work, pipe is in my shirt pocket. Have cleaners, fluid and flint at work and also in the car and at home. But it's whatever fits your way of doing things that count. This just works for me.
  11. craig

craig Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    When i got my latest falcon the shop keep gave me a nice little drawstring fabric pipe bag because nobody ever wanted them and i find it fits a cob,lighter,pipe tool, rolled up tobacco pouch and a few pipe cleaners and that fits nicely into the inside pocket on my jacket.
  12. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

Mar 4, 2011
    Great idea, I got one with my Pete. I've never thought about using it for anything else though
  13. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I have a nifty pencil case that I bought at Walmart for five bucks. It's got two separate zippered compartments. I use one side to hold two different pouches of tobacco (currently SWR and SWRA), a couple of lighters, and a couple of pipe nails. I use the other side to hold a straight Falcon stem and four bowls, a pouch of pipe cleaners, and a bunch of strips of paper towel to clean the Falcon. The whole thing fits perfectly in a cargo pocket.
    Smokey Tom likes this.
  14. Drake

Drake Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Thanks, for all the ideas. I think im going to buy a combo pipe/tobacco pouch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.