1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe Collection Slide Show

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by NickWilliams, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

I took some time today to photograph and catalog some of the pipes in my collection. I was hoping some of the members here could help me fill in some of the details on my pipe descriptions. I have transcribed everything that is stamped on each pipe in the image titles, but there are some that I would like to try and get approximate dates of manufacture for. There are others that I have no idea who made them but they have distinct nomenclature on the bit or shank. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I still have about 15 more that do not fit in my display case to add to the slide show when I get more time to work on it.

Here is the link:
    http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll127/nick121877/Pipe Collection/?albumview=slideshow

Hope you enjoy the show!

2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Very nice collection! Thanks for putting that up. I need on of those Guildhall 336C's :)

3. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

Nice collection of pipes Brother!

4. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Nice collection. Love those Comoys.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Awe man !!! The princes and slight bent Apples were killin me :startl:The Kaywoodie is a Relief Grain and a great pipe . Very nice collection nd a great idea to make a slideshow ! Think I'll do the same for fun :)

6. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

Thanks for the info! I could not figure out what the first word was on that Kaywoodie. I will edit my list and fix it. LOL I sort of fell in love with the Prince and the slightly bent apple shapes. Now I have way too many of them. There is one of the prince shaped ones that has green bit that I am not sure who made it. The only marking is a "G" with a sideways "S" shape behind it and a dot on either side. I thought it might be a Comoy's second, but I have not been able to place it.

The very last one in the slide show (or maybe the first one, because I think it runs backwards) is a mystery to me too. I cannot make out the stamp except for the last two letters. The weird thing about it is that I swear the bit is made of briar. It isn't just Lucite that looks like wood, it is actually a briar. It even has a few little flaws and pits. I've never seen another one like it.

7. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

They are without a doubt the best smokers I own. I need to cull the heard a bit, if I decide to post one up on ebay or something I will let you know.

dwaugh likes this.
  8. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

I don't have any info for you, but that is one hell of a collection!

9. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Nice looking collection!

10. Capt

Capt Active Member

Very nice!

11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Great collection.

12. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

You should have seen it about 5 or 6 years ago. I had about 100 - 150 pipes, and most of them were new and not estate pipes. I think I paid the Tinder Box owner's mortgage for a couple of years. LOL I sold most of them so that my wife and I could fly out to Vegas and get married.

13. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nice slide show, thanks for sharing!

14. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Very Nice Slideshow, Like Arkie...I'm likin' the Comoys (especially the Riband!)

15. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice collection.

16. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Sweet collection there thanks for giving us a look.

17. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Very nice collection!! I like the cabinet too! :th1:

18. Hudson

Hudson Member

Nice slideshow, thanks. I wasn't even tempted to fall asleep.

I have seen some information in the listings for estate pipes that indicated that danish sovereign was the name of a line of pipes made by Stanwell. Everyone probably already knows this but I was happy to learn it since I have a danish sovereign in my collection I bought in the early seventies.

19. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

I did not know that! Awesome! Any info is much appreciated. I will update my description.

20. NickWilliams

NickWilliams Member

I just added 12 more pipes to the slide show including a few odd balls, artisan pipes, and one made entirely from a deer antler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.