pipe company's yearly profits

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by David Emond, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent

Bent Member

I personally don't buy it. I do know pipe smoking is a fad among college students, but overall I don't buy the whole increase in pipe tobacco sales. Well, let me rephrase: Yes, there may be a slight increase in sales of true pipe tobacco and some pipes, but the so called boom in sales is probably 99% misslabeled cigarette tobacco.

2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

DAMN HIPSTERS! GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Dagnabbit, what's this world coming to! mumble mumble mumble FLANNEL SHIRTS mumble mumble mumble LOUD MUSIC mumble mumble mumble TIGHT PANTS mumble mumble. NOW THE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS ARE SMOKING PIPES!!!

Labman and JimInks like this.
  3. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I think it is what it is, and I like it. Pipe smoking is one of those simple little pleasures that provides a huge return on the investment. A basic smoking kit that incudes two cobs, a pouch of SWR, a pipe nail, a Bic lighter, and a pipe/tobacco pouch might run $35USD. The weekly renewal fee might run $5USD to replace the pouch of SWR that you smoked-up over the course of the previous week). If you ask me, that's a bargain because it provides so much enjoyment for mere pennies per day. But strange things begin to occur when you smoke a pipe: your thoughts begin to refine, the words you convey to others are often more thoughtful, your outlook on life tends to depend just a bit, your perspectives tend to broaden, and you become more pleasant in general.

Sure, there are those who will always be flat-out hooligans and jackasses, but I've found (in general) that pipe smokers are just a more pleasant and deeper lot - not necessarily smarter or saintlier, just more pleasant and deeper. I wish more people would pick it up and stick with it, because I think that the world would be better off for it.

Atom and Old Codger like this.
  4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Some might be carrying over into tobacco from other activities. and who is saying what kinds of pipes are being used and for what purposes?
    a mix of this and that might keep some badges from watching as closely around campus for the college types, and a nice briar sure looks better than some brass/metal pipe that looks like a grab bag from the plumbing dept.
    Pipe tobacco sales should be more telling than the pipes themselves, and if one man is buying 100 pipes a year, it makes it look like a wave.

That all being said, its good to have new members that are smoking, now if we can get enough to get some stupid laws repealed.

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I'm just happy that Peterson is profitable and hope that they continue to be so.
    The uptick was from the introduction of Hyde Park and my purchases of it along with Irish Flake and University Flake. You're welcome.

RTOdhner and Tony Malerich like this.
  6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Yeah, I have to admit that as much as I love my Petersons, I didn't contribute much to that. Aside from my St. Patrick's pipe, I've mostly bought estates, and I haven't snagged any of their tobacco in a while.

7. capt dave

capt dave Member

Lo
    Love the new look btw. Makes you so much more approachable

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Yes I felt a more accurate photo was apropos

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.