1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe Ghosting

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by blackpipe, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

Okay here is the problem I smoked a bowl of WO Larsen(big mistake) on my briar pipe and now im trying to smoke anniversary kake in the same pipe but get no flavor, I dont know what do do? I wanted to dedicate that briar to anniversary kake and now it has ghosting

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

2. nobler son

nobler son Member

I've heard that several bowls of Prince Albert can exorcise most ghosts.

Also heard that one bowl of Five Brothers hits the ghost with a proton beam, and then slides the trap under it.

Coda likes this.
  3. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

Thank you, if the problem persist in my next bowl il be ordering some PA

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

scuzz it out with some alcohol on a qtip and let it sit for a few days, then smoke a couple bowls of a natural VA.

5. blackpipe

blackpipe Member

Thanks for the suggestion, really want to get rid of the ghosting

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

From everything I've read and now backed up by my own experience a couple of bowls of Five Brothers is the Ghost Buster par excellence!

I first got this tip from Morleyssohn on another Forum and I must say I have found his advice on all topics to be 100% but especially on meers and American OTCs.

I also found the Bothers ideal for burning in a new pipe and it cleared the raw taste of a new Falcon bowl in one day whereas even using Condor for the same purpose it usually takes me at least three days,

Best to all

Gerry

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

1 bowl isnt all that bad.I would just continue to smoke Anniversary Kake until it shines thruogh.Shouldnt take more than 2 or 3 bowls.

8. Brian

Brian Member

I agree with Mountain Man. Just smoke right on through it. Shouldn't take long.

Another more extreme option is a salt treatment. I have done that, and it works. I had a briar that I was using for burley, but then thought about using it for English tobaccos. After several bowls, I decided to revert back. I did a salt treatment to get it back into shape for the lighter tasting burleys again. Worked like a charm.

That seems like more effort than you need though.

Coda likes this.
  9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Why on earth would want to get rid of WOL ghost? Dedicate the pipe to it. :)

I love the stuff but if you must, then a bowl or two of PA will cure your ills, at least as long as you don't think the cure is worse. :whistle:

10. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

You could also wad a small piece of sandpaper and scrub it out a bit...CAREFULLY that is.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Jesla is right on the money

12. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Yep. Even a blind hog finds a akern once in a while. :thumbsup:

13. SBritton

SBritton Member

I have seemed to pick up the same info several other places.

14. IHT

IHT Member

one bowl of Five Brothers will ghost a pipe on its own... and if you don't like Five Brothers all that much, i don't suggest it.

edit: just read someone else recommend doing this.
    if you don't know what Five Brothers tastes like, do NOT buy any for this purpose. Five Brothers presents its own ghost that after 1 bowl, i tried and tried and tried to smoke the Five Brothers ghost OUT of a pipe, and i couldn't do it, and that was just 1 bowl of that stuff. i'd hate to taste what a pipe that's had 5 bowls of it would ghost like.
    the flavor is decidedly NOT a nuetral one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.