1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe I.D.?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by kilograham, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilograham

kilograham New Member

I'd like to know if there is a pipe similar to this one that is still in production or easily found on eBay or elsewhere. Thanks everybody.
    [​IMG]

If you're wonder why, it's the closest I could find to the pipe in the new Sherlock Holmes movie, haha.
    [​IMG]

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Ill have to agree with Sasquatch i looked at all my pipe spots and the Cup o Joes is the best priced for the bings favorite i could find. Hope it works out for you and you get your pipe!!

4. WillH

WillH Active Member

Ya know I heard alot about that movie and how wrong, horrible and what a disservice it did to the legend on Sherlock Holmes.

As I remember the Sherlock Series booklets were designed mainly to entertain people waiting in train stations. I bought the latest movie and rather enjoyed it! It was entertaining. Nothing serious just pure kick back entertainment! Bet Conan Doyle would have laughed his ass off......

The pipe is a neat idea.

Will

5. kilograham

kilograham New Member

I thought the movie was great, and the director is one of my favorites. Thanks a lot guys thats an awesome match!

6. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

Looks alot like a KingsCross feather weight made by Savenelli.
    Savinelli's own Kings Cross Featherweight Pipes are for the times when you want a short smoke.
    Each bowl holds about 1/2 of what a normal size would hold.
    They are excellent smokers and have been produced for many many years.

I have one for sale but not rusticated and has replaced stem, still have the original stem but had a bite hole in it.
    Pm me for a pic if you are interested.

7. Twan013

Twan013 Member

looks like my great-granddad's pipe. my grandmother put it and a pair of my great g'mothers glasses in a shadowbox with a picture of them together. smallest pipe i've ever seen! looks like you could put your pinky in the bowl and would be right at the first knuckle.. I never knew my great g-dad, but granny passed on when i was about 10. But anyway, i wish i knew what kind of tobacco he smoked.. I also want to buy a pipe like his.. i guess to have some connection, even though i never knew him

EDIT: oh, i think his was smooth finish, and the bowl pointed outward a little more, instead of straight up

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

There's a guy in Italy who sells them on evil-bay. ~$9USD + shipping (very reasonable). I believe the entire pipe + shipping from Italy to USA is ~$15-19 bucks. Otherwise, my local Fader's (Catonsville location, Maryland, if you're looking) sells them for about $30 + shipping/tax/etc. I've got several! They fit into the shirt pocket so nicely and give a very satisfying 15-20 minute smoke. Flakes are awesome in them.

PipeDan is absolutely right. They are by Savinelli "Kings Cross" Featherweights. They come in all different shapes and bowls, even a neat little churchwarden!

But, I do believe the one that Mr Seerluck is holding is quite bigger although Morton Downey Jr is not that big of a guy, I still don't believe the pipe he's smoking/holding is as small as a KC Featherwt.

Great little pipes. Even if you pay full price ~$30-ish, they are worth every penny especially if you enjoy flaked toby and leave it whole or cubecut it.

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!

9. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Excellent call. Good eye.

10. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

I think it's a King's Cross by Sav... Smaller than the pipe from the movie. I think the Sav Bing's favoite matches the size of the movie pipe and it has a little more curve to the stem that the KC. I have a Bing's, it has a gold dot on the top of the bit rather than the two white hash markes on the side. It is a larger than the KC pipes, but not too big. I love mine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.