1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe info: Kent Brook

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Faust, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faust

Faust New Member

This pipe has sat in my grandparents basement for years in a wood dunhill pipe stand. Today I brought it home and figured I would google it and I have found nothing. The pipe has never been used and is real clean, Im not too sure about the mouth piece. It has some teeth marks on it and what I thought was resin but the metal piece on the end is real clean and looks new. My grandfather passed a few years ago and my mom told me he wasn't a pipe smoker, so shes not sure from where it came from. The only markings on it are the Kent Brook imprint on the side. Any info would be much appreciated.

[​IMG][​IMG] Thanks, Gary.

2. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Looks like a darn nice old pipe. Where do you hail from, Faust?

4. Faust

Faust New Member

Thanks nowsharing I didn't see that, Ill have to look into what an American estate pipe is. Norwegians from Brooklyn, but I know my grandfather traveled during world war 2.

5. Faust

Faust New Member

Anyone have a clue as to how much I should ask if I were to sell it?

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ooooo , I like that ! Great perfect Apple . Man , light her up and enjoy !

7. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Could be a store brand.

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Last time I checked, this was PSF - A community dedicated to the art of tobacco pipe smoking, not a free appraisal site.

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Somebody get up on the wrong side of the arctic circle? ;)

Jeebs likes this.
  10. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

Looks as if this is a new member wanting some info about a pipe. If I knew the value of his pipe, I would give him a free appraisal, just so he could have some kind of idea of what the pipe might be worth. Doesn't seem to me that this new member has ask such an " out of bounds" question. Thats just me.. Jeebs...

11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Well, kinda sorta, and really it's not my place to tell people what this site is for and not for anyway.
    That being said, my opinion is that this place, as well as other forums have certain rules of order, written or otherwise. Come in, introduce yourself, and participate in conversations. Give and take. There's not a question about technique or tobacco and pipe choices that goes unanswered around here, people want to help encourage pipe smoking and see it grow.
    Coming in with one thread, about a particular pipe, and hell, not even saying that you are a pipe smoker, and wanting to draw on members knowledge with what seems to be only monetary gain in mind offends me.
    But what the hell, I could have it all wrong, it just doesn't sit well with me.

12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

No, I agree with you, we probably don't want every attic rustler with an eBay account on here trying to calibrate their price tag guns. I guess I just assumed that Faust was an interested fellow piper. So whaddaya say, Faust, you gonna warm that briar or are you doing market research? ;)

13. Faust

Faust New Member

No intention to sell just wanted to see if I could gather more info on my pipe. Been doing some research about smoking the past few nights now and now I'm ready to take my first few steps to the corner smoke shop, pick up a bag, pour some whiskey and fire in the hole.

14. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

That's the spirit! :th1:

15. Jay

Jay Active Member

Smoke that thing, then it will be priceless!

16. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Let us know how it goes; getting the technique down can be tricky at first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.