1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe info needed

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TTERRY, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTERRY

TTERRY New Member

I was recently given a pipe my Grandfather had most of my life. He used to show me on occasion, and I am try to locate info on what it is as well as anything else I can find.

The pipe has written on the bottom "A Smokey Mountain Pipe" It is a carved pipe with Louis Armstrong's name in it as well as other band members, and other instruments. As far as I know he had the pipe for about 40 years, and he passed 16 years ago. It appears to be hand carved will post pictures asap. I can find and info on "Smokey Mountain Pipes at all. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Tod

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the pictures Tod. It sounds like a really cool pipe. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of Smokey Mountain Pipes either. There are a lot of PSFers with infinitely more knowledge on such things as I. Maybe you will get a hit...

3. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Does it look like THIS?

Best I could do on short notice....

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Maybe it was something that he bought while visiting the smokey Mtns Park ? Yeah man , put up a pic ...I'd like to see it too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.