1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe Mishap

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by rondel65, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Apr 14, 2013
    Here I was sitting down enjoying my first bowl of the day in my Savinell 2320 loaded up with some vanilla cream flake. Birds are singing on this beautiful day. Got her going well after a couple of lights and I reach for my big glass of home brewed sweet iced tea. The pipe falls out of my mouth, lands on my chest (not wearing a shirt) and the cherry lands on me. I get up and start beating my chest like a 190 pound go-rilla. Talk about a buzz kill. The pipe is fine but I have a dumb arse reminder on my chest in the meantime. Has anybody else experienced a mishap like this or have another story of when pipes attack?
    Basil Meadows and Thuber88 like this.
  2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Yes, accidentally exhaling right after the nice cherry was going.
    Other than that, welding and Cigars...:rolleyes:
    rondel65 likes this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Nope. Sorry, that didn't make you feel better did it? :xd:

I have to point out though that I have only been smoking pipes for about 6 months, so I'm sure I will end up doing something similar soon or later.
    Thuber88 likes this.
  4. craig

craig Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    sneezing when a pipe a pipe has gone out and clenching
    i looked like i had been attacked by macaulay culkin in home alone lost in new york.....
    rondel65 and Thuber88 like this.
  5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    I can't say I've ever dropped or sneezed while clenching a lit pipe, I have dropped a few over the years while handling them.
  6. bosun

bosun Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    It's only skin, it will grow back. Just as long as the pipe is OK (g)..
    psquared, KingsTarantula and esteban like this.
  7. Moose

Moose Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    I have not dropped a pipe on myself,yet. But today I was outside working on some raised gardens for my wife and I was using my post hole diggers. Well, let's just say make sure your pipe is out of the way when pulling the diggers out of the ground. I didn't hit my pipe once, but twice. I felt like an idiot and wasn't going to say anything until I came across this post. I'm just glad the neighbors weren't watching or that I didn't loose any teeth. Live and learn.
    rondel65 likes this.
  8. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Mar 28, 2013
  9. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Yes, I have dozed off on Sunday Afternoon in my recliner with pipe in hand. Luckily I've never dropped it on me, but the noise when it hits the hardwood floor does wake me up for a bit.
    cobbsmoker likes this.
  10. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I broke my DGE nosewarmer on Friday (operator error).:( I'll probably try to put some wood glue in it (the shank cracked) and wrap it with something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.