1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe shops in nashville

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Dylan Troncoso, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylan Troncoso

Dylan Troncoso Member

So I was in Nashville for work last night and will be here again tonight. I went by uptowns last night and bought a couple ounces of bulk and some pipe cleaners. May go back later for a pipe rack. Any other shops in Nashville worth looking into?

2. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

How weird is it that I was wondering the same thing today? My wife will be in Nashville until Saturday and asked me to ask around. You just saved me from creating a post, lol. dbear lives in Nashville, according to his profile, hopefully he'll pipe in.

3. Terry292

Terry292 Member

There used to be a shop on Elliston (sp?) Place, down by Baptist Hospital, off West End Avenue. I don't know if it's still there, or not. Our son went to college in Nashville. We used to go down quite frequently, but haven't been back since he graduated. There's also a place called Tobacco Road, near Brentwood. I can get there, but couldn't tell you the address. It's in a strip mall. In my opinion, though, Uptown's is the place in Nashville. You won't find any better selection, service, or people.

4. Dylan Troncoso

Dylan Troncoso Member

T

Then I'll probably just head back to Uptowns then. Maybe smoke a cigar...and try not to buy a pipe!

5. Danny S

Danny S Member

The remaining Uptown's is as good as Nashville has to offer.. Elliston Place is but a remnant of it's glory days, but still worth a quick peek (and far less snooty).

'Course, if you're already in Nashville it's just a morning's roadtrip to get to Kremer's in Louisville (nudge, nudge).

:nwor: Ahh Kremer's, pipeshop of my youth, I still remember ye..

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Elliston's is at 2204 Elliston Place I haven't been up there but the pictures of it look pretty good. Maybe smaller than Uptown's but better stocked? Uptown's is closer to me and it's right by the Whole Foods - it's a spacious place and the people there are really nice. If you go to Elliston's, I'd like to hear if it's worth battling the traffic to get up there.

jeff394 and Longshanks like this.
  7. Dylan Troncoso

Dylan Troncoso Member

I e

I ended up going back to uptowns. I smoked a bowl, then loaded up with one of their many sample tins. The staff we nice and helpful. I ended buying 2 pipe stands. 1 holds 6 pipes and the other 12. The guy even took $5 off since i bought 2. They had a couple pipes that I liked. Especially a couple bamboo shank stanwells. But nothing I can't live without. I was going to try ellistons but ran out of time.

dBear likes this.
  8. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

My wife called me last night and told be she bought me several types of their house blends. Can't wait til she gets home tomorrow! (even more!)

dBear likes this.
  9. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

So my wife was good to me and brought me back several of their house blends. And some Anni Kake, since I've been wanting to try that. She brought me some Early Morning Pancake, General Jackson, Honey Meade, and Nashville Special. Their website is http://www.uptowns.com/index.php if you wanna check them out.

dBear likes this.
  10. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

I'm supposedly headed to Nashville Tuesday night for a job Wednesday morning. I might just have to check Uptowns out. :sailor:

dBear likes this.
  11. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Give it a look. My wife was quite impressed by it!

12. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

Sorry I'm late to the party for the folks that were in Nashville last week. Elliston Place is a good shop too, though not as roomy and comfortable as UpTown's. There are some deals to be had on new old stock pipes if you can look past a little oxidation. I bought a Peterson Sterling Silver 606 for $80 brand new last year. Definitely worth the trip if you're in town. Decent selection of tobaccos. dBear, you need to stop by. Let me know when you plan on it and I'll try to make it down there. Coming from my direction traffic is worse getting to UpTown's than Elliston. Just remember to park behind the shop. If you're looking for lower end to mid range pipes and bulk tobacco head to Elliston. For higher grade and some artisan pipes and tinned tobacco go to UpTown's. Best of both worlds, do both!

dBear and Danny S like this.
  13. ShilohHollow

Forgot to mention there's a little shop in the shopping center at the corner of Harding and White Bridge that has some Peterson's, Savinelli's and Stanwell's at decent prices. Small selection, but ok prices. Probably not worth it for out of towners, but you local guys may want to stop in.

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

All right, I'm convinced. Have to go up to Elliston's. I usually don't go up into town because I like pretending I still live in kind of a rural place so I avoid traveling when/where there's traffic. Looks like about 20 - 30 minutes travel time for me. How far away do you live, Wesley?

15. ShilohHollow

I'm about 45 minutes away, but that's if I take the backroads. I'm coming from the north west, which direction are you?

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Southeast. Down in Antioch.

17. ShilohHollow

Well Nashville couldn't be any better of a midway spot if it tried!

18. jeff394

jeff394 Member

I prefer Elliston Place to Uptown's as far as tobacco selection is concerned, but Uptown's has a nicer pipe selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.