1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe sighting - Fantastic Mr. Fox

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Tony Malerich, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Ok, so this one is a little dated. Also it's animated. Nonetheless, I finally got to the movie tonight. First off, it's a charming little film based off of Roald Dahl's book. I'm not sure if the pipe imagery was present in the book (perhaps I should check now!) but in a caper-planning scene, Mr. Fox and his cohort are both waving around their respective pipes. It was nice to see!

EmperorGix and mugwump like this.
  2. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Awesome! Even if the pipe was present in the book, if the movie were done today, the pipes would be noticably absent. I know we've got that movie around here somewhere, so I'm gonna dig it out and give it another view!

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

The movie isnt that old. The Sherlock Holmes movie that came out last year had plenty of pipe smoking in it...

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

It's "old news" by media standards, but yes, still fairly recent.

And though THOSE movies certainly...stretch ones conception of Holmes, but I do appreciate the regular inclusion of his vices :D (sans heroin I suppose).

5. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

You're right. 2009 was when it was released, I must be thinking of another movie altogether. And yes, Sherlock Holmes did have plenty of pipe smoking in it, but then I think the target audience was slightly different too.

6. mugwump

mugwump Member

As my avatar can attest I'm a big fan of the film.

7. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

I quite liked it. Thanks for reminding me of it! Well, I guess I know what movie I'm going to seek out this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.