1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PipeLotus, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Good Day 'gents.

I'm looking for suggestions on a new pipe in the $5-$70 range. I currently own 2 Dr. G's, a Savinelli, and an MM Cob. I'm not particularly looking for another cob, as I already have one, and it is truly excellent. For my daily smokes, I keep those four pipes on rotation. However, one of the Dr. G's foolishly found itself in my pocket, and is now quite bent. While I'm getting a replacement stem for that, I was hoping you gentlemen might have some suggestions for a new Briar? Maybe something you smoke on a near regular basis?

I've heard very good things about the Bjarne Viking line, and I am seriously considering trying out the brand. I also might consider another Savinelli, as the Duca Carla I have is truly excellent. Any other suggestions? Kaywoodie has come up a few times, and I'm giving them a look.

If you have a Viking do you have any thoughts on it?

2. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I strongly suggest a brigham, very good quality for the money, awesome smokers those little pipes. For 45$-65$ you can get a mighty good smoking machine. And their rock maple filters are very good, cool and dry smokes here you come. lol

p.s- The fact that they are Canadian as nothing to do with my suggestion:whis:

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

That's a wide range you're giving. There several makers that can be found in that range.
    You mentioned the Viking line. I haven't smoked any but I always did like the looks of them.

4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I like the marking on those pipes, the little viking hat is real neat, or I might be thinking of another brand, now I can't remember.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Stick with Savinelli.

Monkey likes this.
  6. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I have four Savinellis so far and have been pleased every time. Great value for the money. Plus, I really dig their shapes.

Cobs as well...

Jay likes this.
  7. TXPiper

TXPiper Member

The Savinelli Duca Carlo line is definitely a great value for the price. My first non-basket pipe was a Sav DC. My next one was a Peterson and I've been pretty happy with those too. I have a st Patty's day pot shape (606) and a mini system pipe (317) both excellent smokers.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

A Falcon. :) The Timex of pipes.

Savinelli and Peterson likely won't disappoint, either.

9. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Thanks for the help friends! First the Falcon. What a wonky looking pipe. I've heard of them, but to be honest, when I first looked at it, I thought it was one of those 'other' types of pipes. However, its got rave reviews, and apparently smokes really well. Whodathunkit.

The Bingham pipes are very insteresting, as I had never heard of them. I've also been looking at Peterson for the first time. I always assumed that their pipes were out of my price range.

Hat? I havn't seen any Bjarne's with hats. Sounds interesting.

*EDIT*

Thanks again for the suggestions. I decided on my first Peterson. Its a bit above the price range, but it really caught my eye. I'll post a pic when it arrives. For the curious it is a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.