1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipe Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by PipeLotus, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Good Day 'gents.

I'm looking for suggestions on a new pipe in the $5-$70 range. I currently own 2 Dr. G's, a Savinelli, and an MM Cob. I'm not particularly looking for another cob, as I already have one, and it is truly excellent. For my daily smokes, I keep those four pipes on rotation. However, one of the Dr. G's foolishly found itself in my pocket, and is now quite bent. While I'm getting a replacement stem for that, I was hoping you gentlemen might have some suggestions for a new Briar? Maybe something you smoke on a near regular basis?

I've heard very good things about the Bjarne Viking line, and I am seriously considering trying out the brand. I also might consider another Savinelli, as the Duca Carla I have is truly excellent. Any other suggestions? Kaywoodie has come up a few times, and I'm giving them a look.

If you have a Viking do you have any thoughts on it?

2. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I strongly suggest a brigham, very good quality for the money, awesome smokers those little pipes. For 45$-65$ you can get a mighty good smoking machine. And their rock maple filters are very good, cool and dry smokes here you come. lol

p.s- The fact that they are Canadian as nothing to do with my suggestion:whis:

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

That's a wide range you're giving. There several makers that can be found in that range.
    You mentioned the Viking line. I haven't smoked any but I always did like the looks of them.

4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I like the marking on those pipes, the little viking hat is real neat, or I might be thinking of another brand, now I can't remember.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

Stick with Savinelli.

Monkey likes this.
  6. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I have four Savinellis so far and have been pleased every time. Great value for the money. Plus, I really dig their shapes.

Cobs as well...

Jay likes this.
  7. TXPiper

TXPiper Member

The Savinelli Duca Carlo line is definitely a great value for the price. My first non-basket pipe was a Sav DC. My next one was a Peterson and I've been pretty happy with those too. I have a st Patty's day pot shape (606) and a mini system pipe (317) both excellent smokers.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

A Falcon. :) The Timex of pipes.

Savinelli and Peterson likely won't disappoint, either.

9. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Thanks for the help friends! First the Falcon. What a wonky looking pipe. I've heard of them, but to be honest, when I first looked at it, I thought it was one of those 'other' types of pipes. However, its got rave reviews, and apparently smokes really well. Whodathunkit.

The Bingham pipes are very insteresting, as I had never heard of them. I've also been looking at Peterson for the first time. I always assumed that their pipes were out of my price range.

Hat? I havn't seen any Bjarne's with hats. Sounds interesting.

*EDIT*

Thanks again for the suggestions. I decided on my first Peterson. Its a bit above the price range, but it really caught my eye. I'll post a pic when it arrives. For the curious it is a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.