1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipe Thieves

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Morse, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

Last night at about 0400 some enterprising burglar broke into the front room of our house - also known as my office and smoking room - and took off with my iPhone, wallet and pipes!! My Forever Stemmed Country Gent, two Diplomats and my IMP meerschaum were part of the loot. Wallet, credit cards and iPhone recovered in a neighbors yard- less cash of course. The IMP found several blocks away without the stem and the others MIA!

So lesson learned DON'T forget to turn your alarm on - coz the one night you do...........................some #$$&#$&& will decide that night to be the perfect one to try his luck. Could have been a lot worse but still alarming and annoying. I have a call into Floyd at Norwood to see if he can fashion a replacement stem. I already had an order in for a couple of new cobs - guess Ill be adding an order to Walker for a new stem too. Keep vigilant pipers - not everyone is as laid back as we are.

2. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I wonder if he will smoke them?

3. xray

xray Member

Be suspicious of new forum members.

Ted Vig, Pomeroy, Ol Brokedik and 3 others like this.
  4. Iain

Iain Active Member

If he does I hope he chokes on the smoke :mad:

At least you and your family are ok, hopefully those cobs you've ordered won't take too long to arrive.
    From what I've heard about Floyd he sounds like the man to sort your meer out.

Old Codger likes this.
  5. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

I once had some pipes get stollen. I'm actually glad they did. They were cheap basket pipes and this gave me the opportunity to buy some nicer pipes, such as my Pete Shannon B10 (my first name brand pipe) and then my Stanwell HCA II. And all my other pipes. I was content with two crap pipes, but now I have more pipes than time to smoke them.

Hmm...maybe it wasn't so good after all.

6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Keep an eye on eBay!

TheMadMan and ruffinogold like this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Keep an eye out for some punk in the neighborhood smoking a cob .

Ted Vig, Tenthgate and Old Codger like this.
  8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

That just stinks Morse, I'm sorry for you. I have an extra MM here with your name on it. PM me.

9. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

That sucks, I really don't care about my phone etc, but things that you spend time with and love like musical instruments an pipes, it really sucks @ss to have or hear of them being stolen.

10. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

Instruments are the worst. I had someone steal my trumpet and my guitar a few years back. I didn't care about the guitar, but the trumpet is my primary instrument.

Guy had my friend's brother pawn it for fifty bucks so he (theif, not my friend's brother) could get some drugs. I got it back that day then the cops held it for two months as evidence. The kid who stole it eventually died of a drug overdose (which is good because I probably would have killed him if I ever found him) and I was able to get it back. Worst two months of my life.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Morse, sorry this happened to you. Upside is that you didn't lose whatever cards in your wallet. Had mine lifted a few years back and it took months to get everything replaced and cleared up. Even a year later there were little annoyances to be dealt with. I still stash my wallet away every night.

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

When I lived in WV, I used to walk out on my porch at around 02:30 a.m. and let go with my Redhawk. When people would ask what was wrong, or what happened, I'd tell them nothing, I was just turning on the burglar alarm. ;)

13. Hudson

Hudson Member

Bummer; even if they don't get much the feeling of violation makes you want to hunt them down and wring their little necks.

I'm thinking that pipe insurance may be an idea whose time has come. Special rider, no deductible.

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  14. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

A similar thing happened to me ten years back, but in the afternoon! - they knew when I was at work, and the place was empty. A bag of cameras and lenses, a few pouches of tobacco etc. - could be replaced, but my late Dad's gold Omega watch - a long-service presentation, that he was proud of, was the real 'sickener'. :(
    OT

Old Codger and Spillproof like this.
  15. len smetona

len smetona Member

Damm scum bags... I think chances are he will continue doing stupid things till he gets caught.
    I like Jimbos attitude, try to make something positive out of it.

16. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Sorry Morse, glad you got the credit cards back..

17. Morse

Morse Active Member

Thanks for the support everyone - feeling less negative about it all today thanks to ya'll and a good nights sleep.

Spillproof likes this.
  18. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Because you need one, here's an 'Atta Boy.

Basil Meadows and Old Codger like this.
  19. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Sounds like the work of a moronic mouth breather.

Basil Meadows likes this.
  20. Gandalf

Gandalf Member

Man that sux!!! I'd be one pissed off wizard if that happened to me!!! "D"

Ted Vig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.