Pipes at Cigars International

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by MakDragon, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

My brother and I made our occasional trip to Bethlehem Pa to Cigars International Super Store on Monday for some great cigars, relaxation and conversation, not to mention my CAD problem. ANYWAY, I was astounded at the number of pipe smokers there including some of the staff!!! I guess they started carrying some pipe supplies including a real nice assortment of tins. Lots of C&D and Peterson tins.
    The point is, I was thrilled at the potential surge in pipe smoking and at the relatively young age of the smokers!
    Next trip I shall bring along some briar!!!

nesta likes this.
  2. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

I've recently noticed this as well. Thinking about getting me a Big Ben from them.

3. Professor

Professor Active Member

Thats interesting. Pipe smoking has been in decline (at least in Europe) for decades. A potential surge
    in the US would be good news indeed...:)

4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I swear I think there's an increase in people taking up pipe smoking these days. I hang out at the B&M as often as possible, and I always see young guys coming in that I never would have pegged as pipe smokers, and one specific group of them have become regulars. It's encouraging for sure. I wouldn't call it a surge just yet, but I definitely think pipe smoking is gaining in popularity.

MakDragon, JimInks and Capt like this.
  5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I don't know why I never thought to look for pipe smoking stuff at CI. Back when I was smoking cigars, I did a lot of business with them. I just checked their site, and it looked pretty good: decent selection and prices. I ordered a tub of Granger and a tub of Velvet. They offer $4.95 shipping, which is nice.

MakDragon likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's new for them. Relatively, anyway. I like that they seem to always have Five Brothers. Their pipes and pipe tobacco section online could really use a more user friendly format, but it's good to see them start selling pipe stuff, it's a good company and I enjoy doing business with them. I'd also like to see them carry more tobaccos, but hey, they're primarily a cigar company.

For many of their products they offer the best prices around, and carry some pipes you can't find very easily at the major pipe e-tailers. Check out the prices on Hans Christian Andersen pipes :th1:

7. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

If you have the opportunity, you have to go there and try their Blend Lab. They have experimental blends that are done by the major manufacturers and you buy them, smoke them and then rate them there on a card or online. If they get enough response, they become mass produced. The San Lotano line was just such a cigar.
    There is a gentleman there by the name of Joe. He actually helped whichever manufacturer did up blend JS-650 and they named it after him. The "J" of the JS is he and the 650 is in reference to his turning 65 recently. Whenever I make the trip there, I always ask for Joe to help me select something new. He never lets me down. He wont be there for a while however as he is leaving for a month or 2 to spend time in Costa Rica at his children's house and then come back for some hunting and then back to CI.
    I think this guy is my hero!!! LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.