1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pipes back from Floyd Norwood!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ichabod, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichabod

ichabod Member

Highly recommended! I sent in a dunhill bulldog and a hardcastle poker. I had them both back in less than a week! I sent them on a Wednesday, got them back the following Monday.

He charged $10.50 per pipe, ream & clean. They look brand new!

Photo of the two before they were sent off:

[​IMG]

The first:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the poker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couldn't get a really good photo of the stem but it is nice and glossy. The hardcastle H did get rubbed off, but oh well, the pipe looks amazing compared to what it did.

His website is here:

http://www.norwoodspiperepair.com/

Anyone looking for a decently priced ream & clean by a great guy who does a great job and really quick, give him a shout!

2. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Man...they look brand new. Beautiful Dunhill.....and great looking poker, as I really love poker's.

ichabod likes this.
  3. WillH

WillH Active Member

Over the years Floyd has done a lot of work for me as well. Always top notch. He even worked on some of my meerschaums and a Calabash. The guy is good with pipes.

Those are some great looking pipes! Wow, I do love that poker!

Will

4. ichabod

ichabod Member

Thanks! I sent him an email thanking him also for his work, they came out great. I've just unpacked them all last night and smoked the hardcastle today, it's a favorite for sure. I am not a huge fan of pokers but...I have one that's just a straight poker and it smokes amazing, and this one has really really grown on me.

5. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

That is indeed nice work, they look great.

That Dunhill is a real gem-- what year is it?

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

See... that's why I don't compete with pipe restore guys.

Those look great.

7. WillH

WillH Active Member

I saw a Poker in London and didn't buy the damn thing when I first saw it. Like you I just wasn't into Pokers, but than one really caught my eye -still, I held off. Anyhoo, the very next day I went back to the shop to buy and it was gone! Rats - the rotten luck. I bet that pipe sat in that shop for a year or more - I held back and lost out! Ah well, such is life.........you done good!

Will

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Those are both super looking pipes! You can't beat that price and turnaround time; not to mention how great they look.

Yeah, I'm a poker nut too. I only have one right now, but two more on the PAD list.

ichabod likes this.
  9. ichabod

ichabod Member

Well, I think in the original thread where I was seeking advice about it someone said 64...62, something like that I can't really remember. A lot of the imprints have worn off but it can still be made out that it's a dunhill and some numbers and such.

10. barosborough

barosborough Member

outstanding. love that poker pipe.

11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Floyd doesn't get the level of awe that precision or ronni b or Walker seem to inspire, but he is a rock solid guy, and I've never had a bad deal with him.

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats Ichabod! They look awesome! I really love the old Dunhill! Thanks for sharing. Beale.

ichabod likes this.
  13. WillH

WillH Active Member

Somehow "awe" and "precision" don't come to mind when I hear the term ronnib! But then to each his own . I'm sure there are people who think Bernie Madoff is an awesome guy too!

Will

14. jpberg

Will, I was speaking of Precision Pipe Repair. I'm guessing you've tried to deal with Ronni. Me too.

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

PPP is George Dibos, in that case, JP. I'ma guessin' typo in your first post?

16. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Very nice work, BUT I would want to preserve the logo/nomenclature present on the stem, not have them buffed into oblivion.

17. jpberg

yup. I'll write it on the blackboard 50 times. I'm thinking of sending him another picture of that little hybrid pot, just to see if his eyes start bleeding again.

18. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Agreed, but I would guess the H was unsalvageable, short of leaving a little dot of oxidation on the stem for it to live in. He was obviously pretty careful with the white dot. 'Course it's hard to tell without a before pic of the H.

19. WillH

WillH Active Member

I felt the same for a long time, but now I realize I'm not a collector and when I'm gone my pipes will just end up on eBay anyhoo. I'm selfish and just want a pipe that pleases ME! A nice clean, respectable pipe, that smokes good.... that's all I ask. Seeing the name and logo has lost its luster! I really don't care anymore.

I understand what you're saying though......;) Especially with Dunhill's and such.

Will

20. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

And I wouldn't hesitate to send pipes to Norwood that didn't have stem logos worth preserving. I've heard that an application of Vaseline to the logo will help protect it during a buffing, but I'd be afraid to try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.