1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipes you don't smoke.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by JoeSmall, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Just smoke your pipe and enjoy it. Everything will come along with time.
    Just stay away from DGErwin11's nose warmers for now, though, because you are not ready: you might burn your nose.
    Robin, Thuber88 and Just Smitty like this.
  2. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Jul 15, 2011
    Smile when you say that.:wedg:
  3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Apr 14, 2013
    I have a few estate pipes from eBay that I purchased a few years ago that I have never smoked for various reasons sitting in a shoe box. I need to revisit them though. I might have one or two that may surprise me and be an incredible smoker. Is it so that I can say I have over 100 pipes? Not really, I just get into these kicks and get carried away. I since turned my attention into building up my tobacco cellar. Thats a much wiser investment now.
    Robin, bosun and Thuber88 like this.
  4. bosun

bosun Active Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I have a couple of boxes like that. Every now and then I'll grab a box, paw through looking at what's in there. Pick out a couple that look interesting, give them a good cleaning and buff. Load and fire them up. some smoke as expected, as in "meh", some smoke well. "Meh" go into another box, "well" go into rotation, probably replacing another pipe. I've probably got 20 pipes plus in rotation, meaning within arms reach. Smoking style and blend can change a pipe's smoking characteristics, so a pipe that wasn't good now can be great.
    Robin and rondel65 like this.
  5. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I think I'm right there with you. I find myself gravitating towards the pipes I dont mind getting "messed up" or ghosted. That is partially due to me still searching out what I like in tobaccos and not wanting to commit just yet. I still have a Neerup that is totally unsmoked. (Or unsmoken, if you remember that thread. :laff:)

My goal is to have all my pipes narrowed down to certain tobaccos that I will smoke in them. Why? I haven't a clue. That's just how I am. Ridiculous.
    Robin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.