Pipeworks & Wilke

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by FlatbushPaul, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

The last four bowls I've smoked were P&W Rumcake... in four different pipes. And I'm finding this is a wonderful aromatic! Didn't go so well in my mizzou (cob) but did great in my briars: a Luciano Rhodesian, Plumn Dinky Nine, and a Big Ben golf ball :bing:

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I need to try that one. Thanks for the reminder. :toast:

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

And you just reminded me.... to also try it in a meer! :D

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I tried the Dummerston last night in an Altinok Ornamented Rear. I had to dry it out for a good while first. The flakes or cake are fairly thick but broken. The smell from the zip lock was very McClelland like, not ketchupy, mind you, but something reminded me of McClelland.
    I had to char this blend a couple of times before it took off. I should have let it dry a little more.
    I have read that this is a good all day Va, I really liked it. I would say that is a good assessment. It is mild in the nic department but has a good amount of flavor. I get more of a tang from it than the "bread" like flavor some Va's tend to have. It does not list any other tobacco in the blend but I seem to get something else in the taste, I don't know if it's a little Burley or Perique. I am getting a rum like flavor also. I would liken it to McClelland's Navy Cavendish, a baby brother if you will. The more I smoked it the more I was enjoying it. It started out slow but by mid bowl it had really developed nicely. A lot of natural Va sweetness. I will stock up on this and see what a little time in a jar will do. I think I am going to be pleasantly surprised. I can't give this 4 stars but it is a solid 3 star blend that has potential with some time in the jar to possibly increase a little. But then again, so far each of the blends I have tried from P & W has been really terrific! So much so that I have put in another order with them. This time I am getting Nut Brown Burley, #191 and #196.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Please let me\us know how it goes in a meer. Curious minds want to know. ;)

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I tried the Nut Brown Burley in a Comoy Golden Saddle bit Billiard. An absolutely beautiful smoke. Full flavored, lots of smoke with just the slightest sip. It really developed through the bowl. I don't know that I would categorize this as a very complex blend but it had enough going on to keep me very interested. It became more and more nutty as I smoked it down. No sweeteners here either. Just a nice full flavored Burley taste. I did have to let it dry a little before loading it in the pipe though. So far each of the blends I smoked have been terrific! :)

Paul

ruffinogold likes this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like my kinda smoke .... gonna have to try it :th1:

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

That's like someone reminding me to like money. :ohyh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.