1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pissed Off Beyond Description!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Philthy, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philthy

Philthy Member

I swear I thought I had a bid in on this pipe but must not have done so. I don't usually obsess over Meers but I was looking for something special and I found it. The absolute perfect Meerschaum for me. ...........................
    ;)
    and I lost it.

No huge dollar amount - I just didnt bid and missed out because I had to take the wife and son to the movies so I wasnt watching. If anyone recognizes this pipe please let me know who makes it. I realize it may not trip anyone elses trigger but I kid you not I am so furiously pissed off right now I could just whatever

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

3. piper

piper Member

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i know the feeling dude, i bid 60 bucks on a vintage dunhill shoulder bag that was exactly the right size and shape for my laptop and pipe kit.

got sniped in the last 2 seconds. 61 damn dollars.

ARGH

5. NDLanoue

NDLanoue Member

6. Hitch

Hitch Member

Sinan is top shelf.

7. Hitch

Hitch Member

8. Philthy

Philthy Member

Thanks

I really appreciate all of the input guys. I have been stewing all day but went to the shop, smoked a couple of bowls and putzed around. (nothing serious when I am in this mood) I dont even know if this is an old pipe or not - just someting about it hooked me. Very full egg. steep chinhanger stem angle w narrow delicate (yeah I said delicate so bite me) stem. I dont even care about the pattern cut into it. Sinan looks like he has some stuff that is close.

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Can I suggest something? Print out the pic, and take it with you next time you go to IRC. Show it to chuck or adam... they have dozens of meers in the backroom and they just might be able to match the shape you're looking for! Should set you back $70-120 for a new meer though...

10. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Dondi's right - if you take a print or email a copy of the pic to a good pipe shop (ideally one you've built up a relationship with) they will obtain or order for you - Muriel White at Dallings of Ayr did this for me with my Sherlock and Watson set.

I do know the feeling over one you missed out on when you have your heart set on one - in the early 1980s St Bruno brought out commemorative pipes with the bowl in the light colour of brown they then used a a signature colour matched with an amber coloured stem - and I didn't buy one. Been looking ever since..........

Gerry

11. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

That hurts Phil....been there a few times. That is a great looking meerschaum.

Folks here have mentioned Sinan Altinok....I have to agree. Get in touch with him through his site, send him a photo of the pipe and see what kind of a price he'll shoot you for a custom copy. He has some very talented carvers in his stable...all his custom pipes come with a certificate signed by the carver and a guarantee. I have two customs and am more than delighted with the craftsmanship and quality. Hell, it don't hurt to ask!

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Bummer

No worries pal ... it sucks but keep yer eyes out and another will come along . It's happened to all of us at some point

13. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Yeah and the older you get the more often it seems to happen.

14. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

15. slackjaw

slackjaw Member

been there done that.:hippie:

16. piper965

piper965 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.