1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Name Some of the Stronger Pipe Tobaccos

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ronbruce61, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Hmmm. Flavour? Ennerdale.

mojo66 and DocB like this.
  2. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

C&D Black Frigate has a strong (and somewhat unusual) flavor. It's a heavy Latakia cake like Pirate Kake, but I think it has more Turkish than Pirate Kake, and this gives it an almost "sour" flavor, but sour in a good way, not bad. Hard to describe, but tasty, in my opinion. Pirate Kake has a strong flavor too, but it's not really the same as Black Frigate.

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

4Noggins Painter Hills, Davidoff Flake Medallions and PS English Oriental Supreme are three that come to mind when I want something that has pronounced flavours.
    Sunset Breeze is only a light summertime smoke for me. I wouldn't say it's bland but it sure wouldn't even come through after smoking a cigar.

4. ronbruce61

ronbruce61 Member

OK now we're getting somewhere.

Thanks for all the help.I'm making a purchase list for after Christmas.....looks like it's gonna be loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Thanks but by all means don't stop now.

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

John Patton's Cool Hand Fluke and Storm Front
    C&D Epiphany
    Rattray's Hal o the Wynd
    GH Kendal Kentucky and Kendal Mixture #7 (great cigar notes in both)

Man, there are some great ones already mentioned. Just start trying them. The search is never over.

6. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

>>Cornell & Diehl - Old Joe Krantz, ..... Haunted Bookshop,........>>

i might add; Bug n Burley, Kelly's Coin, Bayou Night, Mountain Camp, and Jack Knife Plug

7. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

G&H Brown Irish XX and everything else everyone mentioned.

8. smokey422

smokey422 Member

A good Balkan blend that can be had at a bargain price is Peter Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme. Mars Cigars handles it. I also like Larry's Blend and Ten to Midnight from Pipes and Cigars. They have a good strong flavor for me, although I am not a cigar guy. C&D Pirate Kake or Star of the East also should give you the taste you are looking for. Try Mars Cigars or Smoking Pipes for the best prices on these.
    Smokey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.