1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Politeness and how it cost me

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by JP UK, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Very sorry to hear that happened, Jon. But rest assured you did the civilized thing by remaining polite.

The fault lay with your vendor, who is a total ****e. They think they're being cute and clever by playing one customer off against another. That happens all the time here in the US. And when it does, I make it a policy to cut such vendors off at the knees. If they choose to frame the customer/vendor relationship in terms of competition rather than trust, it's best to oblige them by taking your money elsewhere.

And please don't fall for the ruse that all vendors behave this rude way and it's just the nature of today's world. A ****e is a ****e. There are very good, very honorable vendors out there. And it's a pleasure to give such enterprises one's loyal custom.

As unpleasant as these experiences are, they can often be the prelude to much better opportunities to come. Hopefully you'll find an online vendor who gives you much better service, selection, and price. Good luck!
    Coastal Bend likes this.
  2. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Gutted for you mate. Running the gauntlet of buying petes without seeing them has cost me in the past, but I'll cross my fingers for you!
  3. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

Oct 25, 2012
    There is an old saying in the car business, " You snooze, you lose". You honestly should have never let the pipe out of your hand if you were intending on buying it. I would have told the salesperson no you cannot look at it because I intend on buying it, so sorry.
  4. furious

furious Junque collector

Oct 7, 2011
    While I generally agree with this statement esp on the open market, when dealing with an established customer, some consideration or even preferential treatment should be given. One doesn't need to be a seasoned salesperson to know that it is better to lose an occasional purchaser then to lose a regular.
    User4408 and Coastal Bend like this.
  5. dozo46

dozo46 New Member

Mar 7, 2013
    It's a cultural thing. In the U.S. a shopper in your situation would have shot out one of the ceiling lights, laid his still smoking 6-shooter on the display case, and asked in a soft yet firm voice "where's my frickin' pipe Pilgrim?"
    Smokes likes this.
  6. DS86

DS86 Active Member

Jul 6, 2012
    I know how you feel. I bought a guitar from a well known place, and after being handed my receipt, I see a kid with the same exact model, paying $200 less. I haven't gone there in months.
  7. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Reminds of a time I bought a Ford Explorer. The wife had always wanted a Ford Explorer, so I decided to go get her one. After I test drove it, I decided to buy it. Well, why the salesman was inside, I saw another salesman trying to sale it to another man. I walked over to it and told them to get away from it, I was already buying it and that it was mine.
  8. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Buy it online! Can't go wrong with Pete's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.