1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Porsche Design Pipes........

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Polymoog, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

Anybody got one of these, anybody smoked one?
    Ive seen they make a large range now but are they ordinary pipes with a high class brand name stuck on them or do the "cooling" fins really make a difference?
    Are they worth the money ?
    They are way out my price range and to be honsest i could think of many many other pipes i would rather spend £400 ($700) on even if i could justify it
    What do you guys ( and girls) think?

2. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

I do not own one, I hve not smoked one.
    I have however held, and looked at several, and I personally will not pay that much for one.
    Do I think they are worth the money?? Perhaps to some, but I really also wonder if they they are any better than any of my artisson pipes. I really don't think they would be.
    SO for me--are they worth the money?--I will take a SAS BST over one of them as far as looks.
    AND--Price----I don't see me paying that for one of their pipes. There is another brand that kind of angers me---thats Davidson---maybe they should stick to colognes, and other stuff, but they attach their name to a pipe--put a huge price tag on it, and the name perhaps sells the pipe. I realize this is kind of a pretty bold comment, but after years of pipe smoking I have learned that big prices don't translate into big pipe smoking nervana experiences. Perhaps to some--if they trip your trigger--you perhaps just gotta have one---hey go for it---to each their own. IT IS NOT my money, nor is it my decision---just my sorry arse opinion---Lord knows that doesn't count for much.

shadow, Old Codger and Polymoog like this.
  3. conroygc

conroygc Member

4. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

I'm not an engineer but I see how the fins could techinacally help cool the bowl by creating more surface area.

But who cares. I've only owned lower end pipes and when smoked properly even they do not over heat.

It's possible that those who are into the Porsche brand are attracted to such things are derive a better smoke from it. Mental perception goes a long way sometimes.

5. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Here's top gear in a review of the Porsche pipes.

Gunslinger,

Tony Malerich likes this.
  6. Hudson

Hudson Member

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

Porsche pipes: They look as if they were designed for non smokers!:byg:
    Their price tag is far too high, you could get a really nice Dunhill for that! Then you have a real pipe. :bing:

Raffxr7 likes this.
  8. Svart

Svart Member

Porsche pipes are made for people who like to collect expensive things and show them off.
    Definitely not a pipe smokers pipe.

shadow likes this.
  9. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

IMO the older German made pipes are much better looking than the currant Gubbels series. :confused:

10. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

I have since found out That Ferdinanz Porsche was a serious pipe smoker so there may be something in them...............
    I wonder if you can walk into a Porsche dealership walk up to the desk and get your baccy out and ask to take one for a "Test Drive" !:)

Tony Malerich likes this.
  11. Professor

Professor Active Member

That's also my opinion - but I could be wrong...

Svart likes this.
  12. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Just to put this in perspective, you could easily purchase three or for new Altinoks or IMP meers for that price. Just ridiculous.

Professor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.