Post 1000....

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by soundlzrd, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Post 1000 is something of a mile stone around here, or so it seams. For me, it is huge, as this is the first forum I have ever stuck around for a year and posted or read almost daily. I would like to take the time to make my 1000 post a quick thank you.

Thanks to this forum, I have turned my back on many of my other hobbies in an effort to fund PAD and TAD. While at no point in my just over 14 months here did I go into debt because of my new found afflictions, I have acquired quite the collection of pipes, Toby and knowledge.

First the knowledge. I have learned how to pack a pipe, clean my pipe and smoke slow enough to the point I actually taste the tobacco. I have learned that tamping is not just s fancy word for packing while smoking. I have learned that Meerschaum pipes smoke beautifully as do clay pipes. I also learned that cobs are not just for hillbillies or for smoking when you are worried about dropping a more expensive pipe. I know there is more I am forgetting, but one of the most important things I learned was that this forum is made up of some of the best people around.

Tobacco, I have learned to be picky about my tobacco, almost snobbish, however I also learned that drug store blends can be really good! Carter Hall and Sugar Barrel are enjoyed regularly. I found that even the right tobacco can be smoked in the summer where before only a cigar would do. I have learned to enjoy the hunt for blends of SG and Penzance while still finding the easily obtainable H&H blends can be great, even better with age. I learned that there is flake tobacco and it is Good! I've learned the benefits of storing tobacco for aging and hedging agains the likely hood it might go away.

The most expensive part of this forum is PAD. My pipe collecting has grown at a crazy pace. I know have the pleasure of owning a few Tinksy's, a SAS, a few Hackets(mainly cobs) and Petersons. Thanks to generosity of a member here, I also found IMP Meers to be WONDERFUL value and they smoke like a dream!

Thank you to all the members and mods for making this such a great place!

Sean

Beale, Gary, Jay and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Congrats Sean!:punk:

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Congrats, man! (Wait until you get to 2000 posts and realize all you really needed was a Falcon!) :)

It's a learning adventure, this place...

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Falcon was also something I learned about here...and I smoke them, but only in times of need. Something about them doesn't do it for me....

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

In about a thousand posts, you'll 'get it', I reckon...:D

6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Congrats! I'm looking forward to making my 1000th post before too long.. it's been a lot of fun here!

7. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Congradulations!!!!!!:D

8. Tanman

Tanman Member

Congrats!:drunk:

9. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Congratulations and it has been nice reading your posts Sean. :toast:

10. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Any thoughts of choosing an avatar or are you just digging the gender question mark?:)

HCraven likes this.
  11. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Congrats on 1000!!... :toast:

12. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Congratulations, Sean! Nice post, too. I think we've all benefited from each other's wisdom, which is why this is such a great forum. Personally, I can say that my enjoyment of my pipes has never been greater than it has in the few short months that I've been here, and for that I thank you and the other members who helped lay the groundwork that has made this place so special.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Congrats, Sean! I'm with :yy: on the Falcon
    thing. You'll come round. :D
    Here's to the next 1k! :toast:

IrishRover likes this.
  14. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on your 1000th post!! Very well done! Beale.

15. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Well, it's about frikk'en time Sean! Geez, like someone bound your typing fingers and cut all of your wires!

Congratz man! I too have learned a bunch from the PSF "Collective" and I'd been suckin' stems since around '69! Every bowl is a lesson. Every member has at least some knowledge facet to share or confirm existing knowledge.

So around 2000 posts Soundlzrd will undergo a name change to "falconlzrd" ???

Ed
    Puff

IrishRover likes this.
  16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Yeah, I know it took a while. To busy learning!

No, no falconlzrd! Maybe KirstenlZrd, but Metal pipes are only for windy days.

17. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Yep...1996 to go...

18. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

To prove the falcon supporters wrong, I just picked up my first Luciano. One of the Pease projects.

[​IMG]

It is currently being broken in. I think I am gonna love this pipe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.