1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

POY 2013 Break-in/First Smoke

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Coastal Bend, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

I'm bumping this thread because it took me a while to figure out what I wanted for this pipe. I picked up an estate Kaywoodie and it smoke's Va/VaPer's very well. So I picked up some McClelland 5100 Red Cake to start with. This will be a strictly Va/VaPer pipe for me.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  2. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Ready to go with this stuff.:ohyh:

3. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

I do like me some Red Cake. That's a good plan. I usually do a fair amount of VaPer by day and in the evening I have been smoking something like 5125, "Coyote Classic." For me, I think this will be an evening pipe so I may stick with the 5125. But, on the other hand, having it dedicated to Va/VaPer's is not a bad idea. I've got plenty of pipes dedicated to Latakia blends. Thanks for opening up the Quandary Door. :eek:

Thuber88 and Skrymr like this.
  4. Ksummers99

Ksummers99 Member

I'm going to smoke Mac Baren Honey and Chocolate! YUMMMM! Or Carey's Grandma's Apple Pie. Now Grandma's is a great smoke with Apple Pie Shine....found that out a couple of week-end's ago with my daughter. That was a super week-end!!!!

Thuber88, dBear and bubbagump like this.
  5. Jazzzzzzz1

Jazzzzzzz1 Member

I think I will use Stanwell Melange for this pipe! :bing:

Ksummers99 likes this.
  6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

If I can keep it from becoming a soggy mess in a new pipe, I think I'll smoke this tin of Escudo that I trade Moo out of.

Thuber88, krusty and Ksummers99 like this.
  7. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

I think I'll make this one a Va or VaPer pipe, will prob break it in with some 5100.

8. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

Probably break it in with some Angler's Dream and follow that up with some Carter Hall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.