1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-tad questions.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ArtisanArcher, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

My Fellow Pipe Smokers

After a few weeks of saving back I'm about ready to give into TAD. I have the blends picked out and I'm just curious if anybody has had any totally raunchy experiences with these and could kindly save me from wasting money :)

P.S. I have read TR about these, but I do value the opinions of those here at PSF MUCH higher :D

Esoterica: Dunbar
    Stokkebye: Luxury Navy Flake
    Captain Earles: Ten Russians
    Captain Earles: Nightwatch
    Captain Earles: Mystic Blend
    McClelland: Frog Morton on the Town
    McClelland: Grey Havens

Plus two that I've already tried and know I like- Frog Morton and Manhattan Afternoon.

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Popping in just to mention that Frog On The Town is quite different from regular Frog, so if you were going for a variation on a theme, you're not going to get it. On The Town is more oriental forward. The oriental is so present (and sweet) that it has tricked some smokers into thinking it's a moderately cased aromatic.

But also letting you know that since On The Town is the only Frog I smoke, I'll be happy to trade you something for it if you buy it and don't like it. ;)

That's probably true for all the blends you mentioned. Someone will trade you if you don't like them, so don't toss anything!

ArtisanArcher likes this.
  3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I say buy more of the LNF than you think you'll need. While it's cheap to buy a couple of ounces, an 8 oz bag is only $16.95 (Mars Cigars price), and it's a great VaPer that you can afford to smoke everyday, if you're into that. Another one you shouldn't have any trouble trading if you don't like it. :th1:

ArtisanArcher likes this.
  4. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Good to know they seem to be liked around here.

dmkerr
    Frog Morton is the only "english" blend that I've ever tried, but I liked it so much I'm game for more. That said, I'll know not to expect FM when I put On the Town in my bowl. Thank you!

HCraven
    I'm getting the 4 once bulk from Smoking Pipes for $10.49, and that'll probably do me for a while. I was just coming around to liking MacBaren's Nave Flake when the tin ran out, so I do anticipate liking it. But I really don't smoke all that often, (Unless I decide to smoke the stuff like candy), that 4oz will probably last me about 6 to 8 months.

5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nothing wrong with that. 4oz of Squadron Leader lasts me quite a while, too, especially given the number of different things I smoke.

Mark w4mms and ArtisanArcher like this.
  6. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

It's been ordered! BOOM! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.