1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Price differences between countries

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by browny, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Mine too, Arkie! Which is why I've developed really clever ways of sneaking it into the house. :cool:

Linus likes this.
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

ask her how many tins eq one pair of her shoes or a purse?

muddler likes this.
  3. noodle

noodle Member

you could always have someone post the tins as a 'gift' i know that works in the uk, i have received a couple of lures reels etc from the USA in this manner

4. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

Gentlemen, give your neighbor five bucks to let you have a package delivered to their home. If they are a married man, and you explain how sore your back gets from sleeping on the couch... I'm confident they will help! As for me, I make sure I get to the mail first--and have a hiding spot ready. Stacks of canning jars in the cardboard trays help disguise exactly how much is tobacco, or empty. :ngty::whis:

Linus likes this.
  5. Linus

Linus Member

As long as they never notice it's tobacco i may recive gifts, but the danish post really likes to open packages to see if the shippinglabel matches the content, if they notice it's tobacco i wont be sued or something, just have to pay the fixed fee of 32usd, 80usd/kilo in tobaccotax, and 25% vat.

Sooner or later i take my chances, but i have to make sure that i have the money set aside if i get busted :/ im thinking something like 16 or 24 oz i one shipment, so everything that could help keeping out of their eyes is good.

Are you guys in UK free to recive tobacco from non-eu countries without customs and vat? If so i might try to arange a detour for such a package, they dont bother much with shipments within EU here

6. noodle

noodle Member

probably not but if it were a gift from a friend then maybe, tbh i think i need to check on that

7. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

gifts under 12 quid value are exhempt from the tax, not everything from the usa gets opened I have had a fair few through from a private shipper us to uk come through with no hassle at all. if it comes through RM the charge for customs isnt much if it comes through parcelf**** you get hit for 15 quid in fees.

as for prices the thing that makes me look online for when I start buying is the brighton shop sells 50g tins and nowt else and I have found places online that will do me 5 10g bags for what that tin of nightcap will cost me.

8. Linus

Linus Member

Still, i belive that certain tobaccos whould be worth all the hassle, tax and so on, but if i could be free from it, i whould be really happy (then i could buy more pipes instead XD )

9. Linus

Linus Member

I belive private package is the way to go, dont want a big 'ol WATCH HERE, TOBACCO INSIDE label on the box ;) more like "here's a cople of tin's of that tea you like so much, they only cost 2,49$ each" that might slip through :)

Hawkwood and browny like this.
  10. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

I have had 2 vendors who shipped to me in Canada mark the packages as fly fishing supplies and herbal tea. I did not ask them to do this, I expected to go to the post office and have to pay the taxes. Instead it is delivered right to my box no questions asked. Needless to say these 2 vendors have won my business long term.

Hawkwood likes this.
  11. Linus

Linus Member

Sounds like great vendors whould there be any possibility to get the names of those in a PM, whould'nt wanna flash them on open forums :)

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

Chocolates work wonderz...there's a specialty candy shop right on the way back home from my local. I ain't been married to the same girl for over 40 years without learning a thing or two.

13. Linus

Linus Member

I can see a solution to alot of problems here, why dont tobacconists carry a small but good supply of chocolate, and midrange jewelry, great for the man who just spent a bit too much on pipes, tobacco or cigarrs, and an extra sale for the vendor, and no need to sleep on the couch!!!

jediknight129 and DGErwin11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.