Prices in Jacksonville Beach, Florida!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jomodeere, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Hey all,
    So I'm in Jville for a few days and walked into walgreens to get a lighter because mine ran out of juice. Anyway, I was just curious as to what this walgreens had different from mine in GA. I saw some CBW (my worst enemy) on the shelf but didnt see any prices that looked similar to what I pay.

One pouch was priced at 12.50!! And a tub was 77.99!! I pay around 6 dollars a pouch and 34 a tub! Is that crazy or what???

Done with my rant now :)
    Jomo

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wow ! Thats really high . I dont get it . Why so much ya know

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Fla. recently hiked taxs to effectively double the shelf price on tobacco products.

4. woody

woody Admin Admin

Cigars were exempt from the increase.

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

So, FL has no personal income tax and a low corporate tax rate. By those rules expect things like toll roads, airport landing taxes, crazy rental car taxes, high fuel prices and other high- and highly regressive taxes. Pay me now or pay me later - but you WILL pay one way or another. Just because there is no personal tax doesn't mean FL residents go without schools, hospitals, sewers, health inspectors and so on.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

So long as Floridians can mail order pipe tobacco, I'm guessing those pharmacy shelf tubs will sit there...forever. They'll still be good, too!

7. woody

woody Admin Admin

They are working on stopping out of state sales. The only upside I can see is a return of B&M pipe shops. When I first started a tub of PA was $14, now it's $40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.