1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Prince Albert's Cherry Vanilla worth trying for sure

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Scottly, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottly

Scottly Member

Not intended to be a review.
    I was picking up some flints for the zippo yesterday when TAD got hold of me once again. I grabbed a pouch of SWR ARO and PA Cherry Vanilla. The PA is without out question the smoothest and coolest toby I have ever tried! Its cherry casing is very light but stays throughout the entire bowl. Not the cough syrup cherry, but a very light and pleasing whiff for lack of a better word.

The vanilla starts to come through around half way, but in the back ground. This stuff smokes cool for me in a cob. It will definately leave a ghost. I smoked CH in the same cob after the PA, it tasted very good, actually thinking about a little mixing of the two.

I am not usually into Aromatics, but this one is really a nice change up in the evening after puffing CH most of the day.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Also PA "soft vanilla" is worthy as well.

Ed
    Puff

3. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Just got me some PA cherry vanilla yesterday. Haven't smoked it yet, but will soon.

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I have to try that! I was so impressed with the quality of SWR aromatic.

5. Scottly

Scottly Member

The SWR was good but really dry so I am adding some moisture to it.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I have a sealed unopened bag of this I bought to review but have not gotton around to it yet. I guess I need to dig it out and try it. Thanks for the reminder!

7. Scottly

Scottly Member

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

8. homebrewer

homebrewer Member

I almost bought some today. If I would have read this first I probably would have.

9. Scottly

Scottly Member

Update, I am still enjoying this PA Cherry Vanilla, so much so that I have went back and purchased a 9 oz. bag of it. It is a baccy I would not want to run out of. I cant help but wonder why this stuff is not more popular, or maybe it is and I'm unaware. It has a great price-$15.00 online or $17.00 at SF for 9 ounces. I would really like to hear some other folks thoughts on it.

10. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

I ordered a pouch to see if I'll like it. I'm trying to make sure I sample all the OTC blends that are popular (Heck I even got some Capt. Black Royal...I don't hear much talk about that stuff)... I'll add to this thread what I think about it once it gets here :)

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Both the Cherry vanilla and Soft Vanilla are great blends .... and they are priced right ! I dont understand why they are not talked about as much .... Middleton rocks ! I guess you got a pouch of SWR Aro for it to be dry . Any tub I've ever gotten was perfect ... sometimes the pouches are dry . Dont hydrate it to much ... just enough to where it " springs " and youre golden ! Man , I really dig these three blends .... throw in Middletons Cherry Blend and their walnut and .... bada bing :th1:

12. Scottly

Scottly Member

The SWR was a pouch, and is much better now that it is not so dry. I will try the Soft Vanilla.

13. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I smoke SWRA from a 12 oz tin all day long and I love it. I'll have to give PA Cherry Vanilla a try when I find it. Sounds good. I've been using Sugar Barrel for the rotation, but something a little creamier and fruitier (subtly) may be in order. I'm an aro smoker from way back, but I am tending more toward a trace of aro rather than a whallop.

WK

14. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Finally got around to smoking a bowl of the PA Cherry/Vanilla. It smoked very well, drier than most aros and not heavy on flavor. It was very mild and burned very good. Very good blend for someone who does not like strong aros.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.