1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Probably the strangest question ever......

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Pastor Charlie, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Charlie

Pastor Charlie Member

I'll admit my bias, but I believe they're the best breed ever.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I own a few pitchforks and was fixin to yank em out ....but youre spot on :) I would add that Tobacco is the only thing you can make aromatic and smoke :th1:

Old Codger and Jussto like this.
  3. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

This actually isn't that odd of a question, if you ask me. I have a strange affection for the act of smoking as well as tobacco itself.

Pastor Charlie and dwaugh like this.
  4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Pastor Charlie, have you looked at this thread? FNG/FOG You get to sample a bunch of stuff in trade for one tin. I was thinking about you comment of not liking necessarily liking the "taste of tobacco". I got thinking about comments I have read in other threads about people "liking the taste of tobacco" (usually in response to not liking aromatics). It occurs to me that I don't "know" what tobacco tastes like. That sounds really silly, but English blends, burleys, Virginias, cigars, and cigarettes all taste so different to me. Sometimes I can pick out certain kinds of leaf in a blend, but I would say that "tobacco" tastes like so many different things that I could not point out one flavor and say that was "tobacco". Maybe it's just like herbs. Basil and Oregano are both herbs, but they don't taste the same. There is no reason you have to be a pipe smoker, but if you try some different stuff you might find something you really like. Lot's of guys here like Virginias and Burleys, I just don't get them....

Rewster66, Bump, Preacher1611 and 3 others like this.
  5. Pastor Charlie

Pastor Charlie Member

Thanks for the good tip. I have checked out the post you mentioned and it looks intriguing. I know what it means but what exactly does fog and fng stand for? Thanks again for your reply!

6. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

and this is why you're a mod

well said:toast:

dwaugh likes this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Actually , it's not ... he pays Woody for the title :)

Rewster66 and dwaugh like this.
  8. dwaugh

Good question. I know that the OG in FOG is "old guy" and that the NG in FNG is "new guy". I asked someone else today what the F stood for. I was given a non-answer "what ever you want". Could be "friendly"... could be a word not repeatable here.... I truly have no idea, but I think that the spirit of the thread should trump the terminology.

Rewster66 likes this.
  9. dwaugh

:bag:

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.