PS Cube Cut

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ichabod, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichabod

ichabod Member

I just got some of this stuff, was looking for a good burly but wanted to branch out from my go to blend, carter hall, and see if there was something out there just as good. I mean, I love carter hall and can smoke it all day but wondered if there's something else out there that may be just as good or even better, don't know until you try.

Anyway, this stuff seems to be well liked and the price is about the same. I like some other PS stuff, luxury twist flake mostly. So I thought I would give it a go. Glad I did, it's great stuff.

My question is this...for those of you out there that smoke this, how do you prepare it? When I first loaded it up I looked at it and thought, hmm, I'll just stuff it in in cube form, not rub it out, let's see how that goes...it works, no problems. It's great that way and I'm liking it. Just curious to see how everyone else smokes this.

2. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I smoke it the same as you do. The only problem I have at times is getting it lit and keeping it lit. Great slow burn when all goes well. Great burley I think!

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just load it in the pipe and go. Once the pipe is mostly loaded I will often rub out a few cubes for a thin layer of finely cut tobacco bits on top to get it going. Great stuff!

4. ichabod

ichabod Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Seems as though I am "doing it right" I was just curious. I later went and tried to rub out a couple cubes but it was, at the time, it was too much work, lol. They were too small, I ended up just putting a couple cubes between two fingers and sort of pinch rubbing them and that seemed to work but it's a lot quicker to just load up the way they are.

It's great stuff and smokes great like that so why change, right?

5. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Just got my latest smoking pipes order with a few oz of this stuff. Think I am going to load up the Camo Dog and see what happens.

6. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Wanted to post a follow up. I really like this stuff sweeter than CH and missing the nutty note. However, still very good! Look forward to another bowl soon, maybe tonight in another dog.

ichabod likes this.
  7. ichabod

ichabod Member

Agreed, I think I found a new "all day" smoke.

nesta likes this.
  8. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Just got a one ounce sampler of this stuff today. Haven't smoked it yet, but I came here looking for how to smoke it. Thanks for the help. It smells nice in the bag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.