1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Puff's bargain Meer set

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got this set from Thompson's Cigars back ~'96-ish (new) for some outrageous price of ~$100 (may have been $90?) for two very nice kind of fancy but also kind of cheap (price-wise). I used to smoke these two quite a bit in my off time from work (O.R. Wilford Hall Med Ctr, Lackland AFB). For some reason, these seem to smoke better than I remembered.....must be "honing" my technique better these days I guess.

I'll shoot pics of the claw tomorrow.....she'z on the wait-list "2-be smoked" for tomorrow. :eek:hyeah:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Damn Puff you never cease to amaze me with you pipe collection, those are truly beautiful. And the top pic is a bit bright but it looks like the top one is a claw meer and if thats the case then im jealous again lol. But anyhow very beautiful, i think if you were to post pics of all your pipes it would probably take a couple of pages lol :P

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I love the coloring happening there! good deal on those meers. I hear that JR and Thompson used to have better deals on pipes.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Bubba, you are absolutely correct. She'z a claw&egg but I did some meer-carving on my own. She had a "spade, heart, diamond, and a club" each carved into the plain areas between the clawz. I didn't like it and felt it looked tacky (too tacky for Puff) so I got my exacto knife and some beezwax and went to town. Now she'z bettah, IMO. I took it eazy doing this and know meer gets softer when wet, so I'd moisten her down on the area I wanted to carve and then gently took the crap off my pipe. Then gave her a good coat of beezwax then added more beezwax when I'd smoke her while she was warm. Worked out OK, I think.

I'll get better pics of theze girlz later on for y'all to see.

Yes, Thompsons still does have good dealz on pipes but they are few and far between.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Another fine set, Ed!
    Like the length of those.

dp

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice boxed set amigo...very nice!

7. Unforgivin