1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Punto Oro - This is the biggest pipe I have ever seen!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by WAMPipe13, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

So I purchased a lot on eBay, I had a feeling like it may be getting a bit high in price but hey what is .50 more cents right at the end! Got it! So there were 17 pipes in the lot only about 13 looked like they would be usable. But there was a really big one in the middle that I was interested to see.

My First Savinelli!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It needs a little love but I am really looking forward to it. My hobby is starting to pay off a bit. Been doing some good sales lately and had enough in my PAD account to bid on this bad boy, and get quite a few others. Some nice Kaywoodies and a few Dr. Grabow's, also I am sure a few other hidden gems. I will be posting pics as I go. My PSF visits are few and far between now, not by choice... So Sad.

2. mattia76

mattia76 Member

NICE.
    "JU", huh? I've never seen that before. Savinelli must have started stamping their bigger-than-EX-Pipes

Thuber88 likes this.
  3. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

Yeah I am still looking for any info the PSF has on this Ginormous pipe! I couldn't find any info on JU but is does have a gold dot on the stem. There is a small puncture hole in the bottom of the bit from a tooth, the previous owner had jaws of steel to hold this sucker in... :) I hope to get her cleaned up and then see what kind of repair or maybe just a softy on the end. Don't know whether to sell or keep... IT'S SO BIG! I am still in shock :beyes:

4. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

JU. Jumbo?
    That is a nice looking pipe Wam, and good to see you back on.

WAMPipe13 and bubbagump like this.
  5. User3940

User3940 Active Member

What a great score. Congratulations. Now send that Sav to me before you hurt yourself with it. I'm all about watching out for our inmates. :xd:

WAMPipe13 likes this.
  6. User3940

User3940 Active Member

.....and we want to see what else you scored in that lot. Pleeaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!

7. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

That would be my bet. They current use 'EX' for EXtra large. i.e. Savinelli Hercules and Baronet (their second). The EX just falls in behind their normal three digit number for the shape. i.e. My 619EX.

8. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

I will for sure post all of the pipes that came in the lot. A few had some cracks in the stems but they were really small, I don't think they will effect the smokability of them. I will try and get them up in the next few days or so...:D

9. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

Ok here is a picture heavy update on the lot of pipes. There were a couple more I had purchased as well as the ebay lot that came with the Savinelli.

First one for tonight is this Whitehall Filter Deluxe:
    [​IMG]

Next up is one of my favorite makers so far Royal House LTD.
    [​IMG]

Here we have a nice looking Kaywoodie Prime Grain # 33 (any info would be nice, I know we have some Kaywoodie fans out there)
    [​IMG]

Another fine Kaywoodie this time a Standard # 22
    [​IMG]

Oh and what do we have here? Another Kaywoodie "600" US Pat. 2808837 on this one. And a nice size bowl too.
    [​IMG]

That is is for tonight's update, but there will be more to come... as usual any info or insight on these pipe is appreciated.

MikeInMaine likes this.
  10. WAMPipe13

WAMPipe13 Member

Here is another pic heavy update of more pipes from the eBay lot. I am really happy with my purchase and most of the pipes are in great condition! There are a few with some damage, but nothing that looks like it would effect smoking. Again any more info on any of the pipes you PSF'ers can offer up is welcome :bing:

We have a Viscount - Dr. Grabow 50S Adjustomatic Pat.2461908 - This one looks like it will be a great smoker, the draft hole looks dead center bottom!
    [​IMG]

Looks to have maker Custombilt on the side and also a 21 on the bottom.
    [​IMG]

A great looking Iwan Ries & Co. - JURA says France on underside of stem.
    [​IMG]

Unmarked Large Billiard Excellent Condition!
    [​IMG]

Ok life is calling ... next update will be later. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.