1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Question about an unknown ...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tudorp, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

I just got a pipe today that I picked up on ebay. I only paid $5 for the thing, because I had one like it before that I really liked as a travel pipe. Very small bent pipe about 4" long. I lost mine years ago and always wanted another little one like it.

The one I got in looks to be a pretty decent pipe, but I have no idea what kind, name brand (if any) it is. It is an apple shape bent briar, and the only marking on it are..

one side "SHORT SNORTER" and on the other side in script "Imported" then under that in block lettering "BRIAR"

Is this a "brand" or just a generic term on a no name? Can anybody offer any insight? I'm fixin to light this little doggie up..

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Short Snorter.......Nose Warmer?

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

A pic would really help. :)

4. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

I haven't taken a picture of it yet. But this is the picture that was on the ebay listing when I bid on it. Its just your standard apple shape bent... But only about 4" long..

[​IMG]

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I'd say it's a run of the mill basket pipe and a nice looking little pipe too! Have you smoked it yet?

6. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

Yeah I have... I overheated it tho.. Has a burn spot on the shank that wasn't there when I got it. I think I over packed it today and was drawing hard to keep it lit, and might have overheated it.. But, it's only a burn spot and still fine. Smokes pretty good if it isn't over packed..

7. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Easy does it . . . . . . break her in gently! LOL

8. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

I guess I better rather than smokin it like I stole it.. hahhah

9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Burn spot on the shank.....
    Don't think I've seen that before.
    Probably just a soft spot that is absorbing
    tar and causing a discoloration.

10. Tudorp

Tudorp Member

Pretty sure it's a burn... I don't think tar would soak a spot like that that quick. The spot showed up just after I smoked it today when it was overfilled and over packed. It's definatly heat by the way it colored. Tar, even in a soft spot would discolor pretty gradually...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.