1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Question On A Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ddandb, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddandb

ddandb Member

I'm looking at a Savinelli estate pipe.
    The stem clearly has the Savinelli logo, S in a shield, but the pipe itself is marked J. Paul Tucker with no other marking on the briar.
    A Savinelli sold through a pipe shop called J. Paul Tucker? Someone named Tucker that was so happy with his pipe that he had his name stamped on it?
    Or a Tucker brand pipe with a Savinelli stem in it?

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

A- Savinelli sold through a pipe shop called J. Paul Tucker?

B- Someone named Tucker that was so happy with his pipe that he had his name stamped on it?

C- a Tucker brand pipe with a Savinelli stem in it?

Answer - A

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I'm no Savenelli savant, but I bet Jesla is right. I know of at least six pipe shops that had Savinelli making their house brand, so lord knows how many else there were. Those that I have are not the best of smokers.

Edited to add, the only wierd thing is that I don't believe that any of mine have any markings that would identify them as a Sav.

4. ddandb

ddandb Member

I think I tracked down my illusive Mr. Tucker.
    It's actually called J. Paul Tucker's, Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe and located in Louisville Kentucky.
    Now that I see that it is an actual Pipe store even I'll go with 'A'

Thanks

5. Dudley Dipstick

Dudley Dipstick New Member

You would be correct. J. Paul's smoke shop is in Oxmoor Mall in Louisville. A nice little shop owned by a nice man who's not bashful about tossing out a sample along with a purchase.

6. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

What did I win? [​IMG]

7. ddandb

ddandb Member

My undying love.

8. Deckyon

Deckyon Member

Nice! Yes, this is the man who sold me my pipe last night. I was doing a search for events in and around KY, and this post popped up. Yes, I get cigars from the shop all the time and it is less than 10 mins from my house.

As a matter of fact, I got the Savinelli Cricket with the black leather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.