Questions About A Gift...

Discussion in 'Meerschaum Pipes' started by Anthony J, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony J

Anthony J Member

I had a great day yesterday. It had been a while since I had been to the pipe shop (over a month or more - life happens), so I found some time to stop by. I sat down and lit a cigar (grr - had left my pipes in my office), and started talking to one of the guys sitting around the table. As it turns out, he was a fellow pilot - so we both rambled for about 2.5 hours till the shop closed.

At some point I had mentioned the nice Meerschaum pipe (carved into the shape of a woman) that was sitting with the used pipes. Well, at the end of the night, he bought it for me and said that I remind him of himself when he was younger.

AWESOME!

But I'm not quite sure what kind of pipe it is or how good it is - only that the carving is pretty high quality. I can't really gauge the quality of the material, because the only good pipes that come through the shop are used. The other one I have is a CAO carved into a Greek god's head, which is very nice.

The sticker in the case on this one reads "Best - Block Meerschaum"

Anything you can tell me about it?

I'm uploading pictures of both my Meers - the new one is the small, female carved one. I'd love any info on either or both of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

irish2fish, Harry Brown and Rockbass like this.
  2. rlucas

rlucas Active Member

Very cool looking pipes. Wish I was that lucky. All I get is free cigars at the cigar shop.

3. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

The lady is a mid-grade pipe, decent but not *impressive* carving. The carving on the CAO is much cleaner, more defined, while the lady is softer and more stylized. It's probably just about worth the fifty bucks on the price tag. It will smoke good, and is a fine gift from someone you obviously impressed....smoke it in good health!

bubbagump likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.